Monday, August 4, 2008


Well, I worked on a few jars today, took a quick pic. before going to bed. I have inservice for school the next two days. Im not ready to go back to work. The summer went to fast. I have enjoyed this blog so much and I could spend hrs. on it. I told my mom I don't have time to go back to work, I have a blog now. This blog has inspired me and given me so many primitve ideas I have stayed busy all summer. Thanks ladies!

Yes that is my kitty laying next to my jars. I was working on a sampler this evening and she sits next to me trying to catch the thread! Note the old screen door leading to my laundry rm. That was the original screen on the old house that stood here when we bought the place. Enjoy your Tues. Dawn

10 comments:

Raggedy Angel said...

Oh my you got alot of goodies! I love your screen door to LR. I would love to replace mine with screen doors. Your Jars look great to! Beth

the said...

Those jars are real cute, I love jars ! In fact I have some that are still empty and on the shelf !!
What do you do at the school? I work at a school too, our inservice in the last week of August- ugh:(
I dont want to go back yet!
Have a good day,
Stephanie

Dawn said...

Stephanie, I have been a para in a special needs classroom. I think this is my 25th yr maybe. I enjoy is most days, love my summers off. It has been great with my daughter going to school. But I would love to open a small primitive shop in my back yard. I live on a 3 acre lot and would love to open 2-3 days a wk. Maybe in the next few yrs. I have a hard time gettting out of the little box. Ive done this for so long a change would scare me. But if I had a dream job i think it would be to have Back Door Primitives! Thanks for visiting, dawn

Catty Wampus said...

I love your jars; I was wondering where you find those one piece lids? I like those better than the conventional canning jar lids. I hope your dream comes true of opening your own shop ; Merrie

Dawn said...

Merri, I ordered those from Rusty Tin.com just several days ago and got them fast. They were only $1.09 a pc. + s&h. I should have ordered more. I ordered 5 and a bunch of rusty stars and hearts. Great website. Dawn

Pamela... Beehind Thyme Farm & Garden said...

Love, Love those jars!!! Is that fabric w/ the printing on??? I would love to try that.

Keep up the productive work...

Blessings 2 you, Pamela

Katy said...

Your jars look so cute and i totally LOVE that screen door!!!!!

Dawn said...

Pamela, you can print on material by ironing freezer paper to the matereial the same size as printer paper, run it thro printer and wala! Its so fun. Make sure your edges are trimmed and even. Dawn

Anonymous said...

I love the kitty next to the jar. She's a perfect "prim" prop!

Farmhouse Blessings said...

LOL ~ no time to work, I have to blog. So funny but so very true!

I sure like how you used that old screen door. It adds such character to that entryway.

Smiles,
Lea