Thursday, August 21, 2008

A Few Winter Friends


Hi Ladies, I haven't posted all week, but I have had time to read a few blogs. I come home on my lunch break and real and steal a little time in the evening.

I'm showing some of my new friends I ordered from my Country Sampler prize money. I have several of these characters already in my Christmas decor. I saw these in the magazine and had to have them. Last Christmas our home was on a Christmas Home Tour. Tickets were sold from a local sorority as a fundraiser. Several homes were on tour one Sun. afternoon and the sorority members would be at the homes to showcase the selected homes. So needless to say, last yr. after Halloween i started putting up Christmas trees. I had one in almost every room in the house. Most of my trees were decorated with old grungy tags, rusty bells and stars. I will have to dig out some photos and download them for you. But these little guys will be just the perfect addition to this yrs. decor! The school wk. is almost over, Taylor is at volleyball practice, will be needing to leave here in a min. to get her. In the evenings I have been working on a few jars. I need to stop with the jars. I know I have made over 25 grungy jars. I have been working on some small samplers. I'm trying to get enough made up for that Christmas Fair we have here. It must be early Nov. I am wanting to make a few halloween things, but I'm continuing with the primitive look and not so much anything seasonal yet. Last yr. I made some wreaths with rusty jingle bells and tags and sold them @ school. I have a few of those left. Well, I had better get to the school to pick up Taylor. You ladies have a great rest of the week.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Dawn,
I recently discovered your blog and have loved reading it. I've added you to my favorites list. I love the photos of your home, it looks alot like my in-laws house on the outside.

The snowmen you got are soo...cute! I'm snowmen crazy!! I have a really big collection and a snowman tree that I put out right after Thanksgiving and leave out until February.

Your mention making items for a craft show at school. I've been doing craft shows for 24 years and many of them have been at our local schools in the county. They are alot of work to get ready for, but I love them.

I've have an award for you on my blog and I hope you have a chance to go check it out. I'll be back to visit again soon.
Cindy

American Homemaker said...

Those are so cute! I can see why you had to have them.

Andrea said...

Hello Dawn! Your snowmen are extremely cute!! I wanted to let you know that I have nominated you for a blog award! Be sure to stop by and pick it up if you would like to have it!

Blessins,
Andrea

Colleen/And Baby Makes Five said...

Those snowmen are adorable! I'm a sucker for them, too. I can't wait to see what you do with them... and I'd love to see those tour photos!

Unknown said...

Really cute snowmen! I put out my collection right after Thanksgiving and don't take it down until after Valentine's Day!

pinetrees on the moor said...

hi Dawn i love the snowmen i wish i was over there for all your school sales we don't have anything like that here,once a year we have a sale in Nov at a local hotel and there was one lady who sold prim items but she was only there 2 years in a row and we never saw her again.I am so envious of the home tours you have do you have pictures?Take Care~Kate~

Back in the Day said...

Just blog surfing and came across yours! I love it! I am adding you to my faves! I love the tag sale finds!
The snowmen are too cute!

Raggedy Angel said...

I like your new frosty friends!
Beth

Anonymous said...

Dawn,
I'm glad you like your award and thanks for visiting my blog.

I so agree that our pets are precious gifts! We tell everyone that our girls are grown, but we have two furry kids at home. My in-laws have a dapple winnie dog name Bruiser. He is a cutie! Chloe and him love to run full speed playing through their house until they just can't run no more.

Hope your having a great day.
Cindy

Something Nice and Pretty said...

They are just so cute, just love snowmen!
Have a great weekend!
Rondell

Anonymous said...

Dawn~~
Hey I just wanted to let you know that I picke you for best blog!! Come on over and check me out!! LOL.....!!
Many Blessings My Friend.....
Lori