Monday, August 4, 2008

More Goodies!!





Hi everyone, had a busy weekend. Hubby and I hit a few tag sales Sat. Did pretty good. I love the little frame. Its really old, Im working on a saying for that. Love the feed sack. Ive been buying up a lot of the graters, Im going to wrap grunged cloth around those. In the second photo my favorite is the big shelf. She wanted 25.00 , my husband said offer her 10.00, now Im not to great at bargining, he is. I offered her 20.00, she took it right of. I should have offered 15.00 anyway I love it and it will go perfect above my bed. Im going to try to work on that today, maybe Ill post it later. The old yellow bowl I pd. 1.00 for and the spoons I took home and painted up to look old. The birdhouse I placed on a porchpost in my kitchen. Sunday afternoon I worked on a few jars. Ill finish those up this morning and post them. Yesterday evening I had homemade ice cream and mom brought a blackberry cobbler for my husbands birthday. The nieces and Taylor swam in the pool. Mom has a blackberry bush outside her backdoor she gets a few off each night. Well better go bet busy. You ladies have a great day.

4 comments:

the said...

Awesome finds! I havent been garage saling in a couple weeks, but Im feeling the itch to do so soon :)
Have a good one,
Stephanie

Kim @ Home Is Where The Heart Is said...

Hi Dawn, You did really well on your finds...I haven't been yard saling in so long!

Wendy/TheCozyYellowHouse said...

What fantastic finds!!! I have not found anything really good this year at yard sales!! I love your blog, my kind of decorating!! Have a great night!~Wendy

pinetrees on the moor said...

Hi Dawn your are so lucky to find all the goodies.At my local car boot sale you really have to look hard to find items that old, but when i do i feel its a step closer to getting really prim.Like you i enjoy reading everyones blog pages and feel inspired.Take Care~Kate~