Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Primitive Silverware



Good Tuesday to all of you ladies, I didn't have any new photos to post so I thought I might post a pic of some primitive silverware I made up this summer. I had fun finding the old silverware at rummage sales. Its been a bit difficult finding more. I have found new but not had good luck aging it. The new ware doesn't want to rust up, any ideas? On Monday Mom, Taylor and I went to the movies to see Mamma Mia!!! Great great movie. Love Merle Streep. The songs were great to hear, hadn't heard some for yrs. and whats funny is you hear the tune and sudddenly you are singing all the words! Go see it if you get a chance. It's definitely a chick flick. Don't think the hubbies would enjoy it much. School starts on Thursday. Taylor will be in 8th grade. The big dog in middle high this yr. Going to lunch with Mom today at Pizza Hut. The weather has turned off cool. Finished my library book which I have had for honest to goodness, 6wks. I love to read but since finding this blog that takes up my free time. Well have a great Tuesday to you all.

8 comments:

Farmhouse Blessings said...

Such a clever idea. I love how you wrapped them in homespun and twine.

Have a lovely lunch with you mom.

Laura said...

First off...I LOVE your blog! :) And that silverware...what a GREAT idea, so cute and prim! Love it!

Laura

Tiffany said...

What a cute idea!!!! I love checking out your blog!!

Jill said...

Thanks so much Dawn for your sweet comment on my blog! I just love all your wonderful finds :)
Blessings,
Jill

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the Congrats!!! LOL!!
Holy COW!!! Man that was COOL!!! LOL!!
I love your blog and would like to exchange links!!
Many Blessings......
Lori Hull

Leslie said...

Dawn,
I just came here today to check things out...AMAZING! The stuff you find totally blows my mind! I would take one of each! :)

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

What a great idea, Dawn! I love how those look!

You asked how to get the playlist on your blog. You go to customize (which is shown in the top bar after you sign in and you are viewing your blog), then add element. Then you do the HTML/Java Script option and you paste the code for the playlist in the body there. You don't have to put anything in the title. Does that make sense? Good luck!

Tammy

Raggedy Angel said...

I love that idea! Pizza Hut sound good...I was hoping to stay home today,but I need to take my big kitty to the vet.