Friday, August 8, 2008

Flea Market Finds


Yesterday Mom Taylor and I went shopping and ran across a few flea markets. One of my favorites I found this old enamelware pot, I thought a Christmas tree will look good in it. I can never pass up a paper caddy wire basket, I have them all over my house. Some silverware Im making a project with and an old black enamelware lid. This morning I hit a few tag sales, nothing much to speak of but there are several more at different times of the day I may try to hit. This morning was beautiful and cool. I've got my doors open, love those mornings. Yesterday we hit a country store that was cute. The primitives were packed from ceiling to floor. I love the little store, she's a bit high for me, but darling stuff. talked to her a bit about opening a store. Sadly, she was not incouraging about it. She said she sits most of the day and watches movies. She has several other crafters things in her shop and gets 10% of that, enought to pay her rent and utilities, but otherwise she wasn't very incouraging. She suggested, as many has that I should start with a booth at a show or in a flea market. We do have a Christmas Craft Fair here in my town. I could have enough made up to stock a booth. I might think of that to start with. Well I need to go buy groceries, hit old Wally-World. Need a few canning jar lids and some more coffee, I have been grunging everything in sight. Enjoy your Friday!!

7 comments:

Debbi said...

Love the old pot, a Christmas would look good in there. Great deals

Raggedy Angel said...

You are getting some good finds lately.
Because my store is at my house, I do ok most of the time, and some weekends really good ...but if had to pay rent,lights,and drive...it would not be worth it. But try a local fair or craft show...meeting people is a lot of fun..and it will give you a chance to see how stuff goes and if you like doing it! Beth

lms said...

nice...wish i had some flea markets around here ....sounds like fun seeing what goodies you can find...

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

Dawn,

I love the blue enamelware pot! I sure can picture a Christmas tree in it! I wish I could run across some good deals like you're finding! And this weekend when we were gone to Hardy, I talked to the shopkeeper that is going to put some of Jason's shutters in there and she said the same thing...that it's really been slow this past year. I think she is busy in spurts when they have special events going on in town, but she says people come in and look and don't do alot of buying! I've always thought about a shop myself! And we are trying to find the best way to market our wood stuff.

Sounds like hitting the sales and country stores was fun! I'd love to be there right along with ya'll! :)

Have a great weekend!
Tammy

Kim @ Home Is Where The Heart Is said...

You found some great items. I'm going to go to some yard sales tomorrow. The home where I got my "freebie" is having a yard sale...I can't wait! Have a great weekend.

the said...

Im really thinking I need to go shopping where you live, you always have the best luck with the best finds!!!!
Have a good weekend :)
Stephanie

Farmhouse Blessings said...

I love it all! Even the chair they're sitting on.

A show sounds like a lot of fun. Just think of the folks you'll meet. Hope it works out well for you. Wish I could go!

Smiles,
Lea