Wednesday, September 3, 2008

I'll Get You My Pretty!


Toto, we're not in Kansas anymore. Ladies, I recieved my witches hat from Ann-Marie today in the mail! I love it. I haven't as of yet started decorating for fall offically. But i just love it and can't wait to show it off. It will be one of my favorite fall pieces! We here in Independence have a Halloween week long celebration called Neewollah! (halloween spelled backwards) since its beginnings in 1919. We have a large play production put on by local talents, a week long carnival, food venders, a different national known singing talent puts on a Sat. evening concert, in the past Roy Clark, Oak Ridge Boys, Patty Loveless, Nitty Griity Dirt Bang, we crown a local high school senior as Queen Neelah! a doodah parade on Wed. night. ( mainly adults, local business employees) Fri. after school we have a kiddies parade where all the children dress up in costumes and sometimes elaborate floats. And then on Sat. is the big grand parade, where we usually have 100,000 people attend from all over everywhere. This coming from a community of 10,000. So halloween is a grand time here in Independence. I will have to sent photos of this yrs. events. Well I had better get the girls to dance class. Have a great week!

10 comments:

Ribbonwood Cottage said...

Dawn, I love all you are working on. Love the old fabric, the wood, all your posts. Makes me feel like I'm in a wonderful counry store looking through your blog! Have a lovely day.
Blessings,
Debbie

JenW!~ said...

Oh I love the hat.I am working on a hat like that for me. wanna come to your town sounds knows how to do Halloween the right way.

Leslie said...

The hat is so cute!

The celebration sounds like a great time! They're starting to take away trick or treat around here....all the fun stuff is going :(

Have a great night!

Something Nice and Pretty said...

I'd love to see all of the celebration can't wait to see photos. Great witches hat too!
Rondell

Something Nice and Pretty said...

I'd love to see all of the celebration can't wait to see photos. Great witches hat too!
Rondell

Ann said...

I'm so glade you like it, I was worried about how it would hold up in shipping but it appears to arrived fine. Did you have to fluff it up any?

Your town sounds like fun.

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

Dawn,

I'd love to see pictures of the celebration...sounds like fun!

Your girls take dance too? We go twice a week and Joy loves it. She's been at it since she was 3.

Have a great day!
Tammy

lms said...

its always great to get something fun in the mail....i bet you were doing a little dance yourself when you opened it up....thanks for sharing it with us...

basketsnprims said...

Dawn, that celebration sounds like so much fun. I love fall & Halloween. Your blog & your creations are awesome. I've added you to my blog list.

basketsnprims said...

Dawn, stop on over to my blog & get your award. I think your blog rocks!