Friday, September 12, 2008

Laundry room pics.







Hi bloggers, I was visiting with Annasam, from Its Harvest Time. She had pie pan tins on a wall and I mentioned my collection of enamelware in my laundry rm. I hope I haven't posted these pics twice. The first one showes my whisk broom valance. I can't take credit for the idea. I found this one in the Junkmarket book, love those books!! A few of the brooms are old and a few are new that I grunged up to look old. Its hard to find old whisk broom, most people just throw them away. Who would think someone like me would want to collect a whisk broom. I had been looking for some all over. New or old, they are even hard to find new. Most little brooms are made of plastic nowadays. I did however find these at an old Alco store, which its hard to find them even in our area! Anyway, I was mentioning once in front of my dad I had been looking at tag sales and in stores for one more whisk broom for my valance collection and he said" Oh, I think I have one of those out in my car under the seat. OMG!! Are you kidding me? And yes, he did! It just finished off my valance perfectly. I love it in my laundry rm too! I have a built in ironing board and over that is a collection of old enamelware washtubs. I have plenty, but it is so hard for me to pass them up. I buy them everytime! i just keep adding them to the wall. I have several washboards and even a couple old sleeve ironing boards on the wall, to the left of the cabniets. My wallpaper looks like old paint chipped wainscoating. I love it. Love the large washtub hanging on the lower part of the wall under the chairail border. Better go for now, its late. Ill try to post more on Sat. its suppose to rain all day. A great day to craft!!

10 comments:

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

Dawn,

I absolutely love your laundry room...I love the enamelware and washboards! I love the wallpaper too...I've always liked that wallpaper when I've seen it! You've done a great job with that! I only have a laundry closet in the hall...nothing so big to decorate! Lucky you!

Tammy

Ann said...

Nice, I like the brooms on the window!
My laundry is in the garage , nothing pretty to show. :-(

angie said...

great room~love it all!

Anonymous said...

Very cute room, a great place to hang out and do the laundry!

Something Nice and Pretty said...

I just love your laundry room you have did a wonderful job. I remember my dad having a wisk broom and I sure wish I had it today!
My laundry room is in the garage too but I'm happy because it used to be in the basement!
Have a great day and enjoy such great decorating.
Rondell

CozyGirl said...

I love your laundry room ! Looks great!Mine is tiny and not decorated at all ! I'd love a big laundry room one day with a window like that !

basketsnprims said...

I love your laundry room and especially your enamelware. I collect blue & white graniteware. I don't have much of laundry room to decorate but have 2 really old washboards, one graniteware, so I hung them in my bathroom. Great job.

Pam

Sue said...

I really like the idea of using the wisk brooms....Real neat..
I have some for sale in my ebay store...Never thought of your idea...Your room looks nice...
Hugs
Sue

Anonymous said...

Dawn,
I just love your laundry room! It's wonderful!! Mine is decorated in ugly unfinished style with the pipes showing above your head. We want to make it look better, just not sure what to do about the low pipes. Trade you rooms! LOL...
Cindy

Kim @ Home Is Where The Heart Is said...

Your laundry room is great! I love the wisk broom valance and how you have your enamel ware displayed.