Sunday, September 7, 2008

Bathroom Photos






Hello fellow bloggers, I haven't added a new post for a few days, and really nothing to update. So I thought I might post a few pics of my main bath. Its one of the few rooms that I haven't painted a bolder color. Its still cream, but about a yr. ago I tried to age the paint by ragging on some glaze. I finished up and the hubby said it didn't look any different. We will probably be remodeling in the next few yrs. in here. I would like to tile the shower and floor. I'd like to use an unusual sink, like an old washtub or something repurposed. I'd like to use some window frames with mirrors over the sink. Anyway, I've tried to bring in some of my galvanized buckets and old washtubs. Yes, that is a hay hook for a towel rack. That was the husbands idea. Today was my moms birthday and we went over and had ice cream and cake out on her deck. I brought the cake, my SIL brought the ice cream. Well I had better go. I have to get up at 6am for school tomorrow. Where did my weekend go? Have a great week ladies!

13 comments:

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

Dawn,

I love that bathroom! Love that towel holder! :) My hall bathroom is the next room I'd love to tackle too! I like your idea of something repurposed for the sink!

Your daughters' dance school sounds wonderful! I like putting the Bible based character behind it!

Have a great week!
Tammy

The Gathering Room said...

very nicely done! i think it is neat your husand is adding to the decor ideas too..

basketsnprims said...

It looks great & I love that wire rack over your sink. Very handy. Please stop over @ my blog & pick up your rocking blog award.

Ann said...

I think the while walls are refreshing in a home that has color in every room. Nice bathroom and creative use of the hay hook.

Gettysburg Homestead said...

Very nice. That wire rack above the sink is an excellent idea.

Isn't it funny how our hubbies don't really get into the decorating thing but all of a sudden come up with a great idea.

Mary

Leslie said...

I love the bathroom! You used so many old items in creative ways! Awesome :)

Have a great day!

Juanita said...

Love your pics!! I am new to blogging and I love the ideas you have on here.

Katy said...

Beautiful pics of your bathroom!!! I always love seeing pics of other's homes!!! :)

WOW...thanks so much for the comment you left at my blog...that makes me so sad that those children's mother died. :( But you are right....memories are such a beautiful thing!!! I plan on making TONS of them!!! :)

Anonymous said...

What great pics....I wanna come to your house! LOL!!

Back in the Day said...

I love the bathroom! Very nice job! I am going to start remodeling ours soon and have been trying to get things in place. I love the rack over the sink and your towel holder! Very neat!

Juanita said...

Dawn,
Thanks for visiting my site. Yes, they are pie tins and I would love to see your collection of wash tubs. Come back by and visit. And thanks again!!

Ribbonwood Cottage said...

How cute, I love the sticks and branches. I may borrow this idea, love it. What a great bathroom, love those pictures. I love it all.
Blessings,
Debbie

In Primitive Thymes said...

I love what you did with your bathroom. That's the only room in my house I'm having problems with. What a great idea with the hay hook. I have two of them just hanging around. Now I know where I can use them.
Have a great day!
Nancy