Wednesday, July 1, 2009

What I've done today

We built a new fence at our driveway this weekend, so while out there I took a picture of the front of our house.
This is my birthday/Mothers Day present. I wanted a split rail corner fence at the entrance of our driveway. Mike rourtered out our last name and I painted it in. It really makes a great addition to our drive. The minute it was done I was adding my junk touch! It was just way to bare!!!

I coffee stained the banners I put on the fence and a flag my mom wanted put on her front porch.


This little project I have been wanting to add to my yard decor for awhile. This is the laundry lady! She is made from my tag sale sign Mike made for me. I added my Grandma Botts house dress and apron, an old hat and a sign advertising her most recent prices.







I was going to add an old galvanized tub at her feet, and remembered I has this double washtub set in my shop, I had been missing one square tub and the other day I found a second one! I had a mop bucket and old iron out there too. I added the American flag and I love it. I can look out my back porch and see her! Tonight as I was calling for the cat and dog to come in for the night after dark she was kind of scary looking!! My neighbor called this evening to tell me how cute she was!




I also found this old cabinet at a tag sale this weekend. Sink and all I paid a whole whopping $2.00 for!! The sink was in my mom and dad's neighbors garage and they said I could have it. The cabinet was a great find, it was missing the two drawer pulls, so I added a towel bar. I need to be looking for some faucet handles now. The cabinet is in pretty good shape, and I'm wanting to put it out in my yard. I really haven't found the right spot for it yet!! Well I found the perfect door pulls in my bathroom and I finished putting old screening in my pie safe. I'll have to save those pics for another post. I also finished up my firecrackers that are a little different. Catch ya tomorrow!









10 comments:

Raggedy Angel said...

I love your Lady!
Fencing makes such a big difference...like the perfect frame for a picture! I have 65 pieces of privacy fence wait there turn to be put up.
I love that sink!!!!
Beth

Audrey said...

wow. the laundry lady looks wonderful. If i was your neighbor I would want to be raiding your yard in the night. You have grest treasures!!

Kim @ Home Is Where The Heart Is said...

Love your new fence...and that laundry lady displaying is darling...have a Happy 4th of July!

JenW!~ said...

Love your laundry lady. And the fence looks great.

Wendy/TheCozyYellowHouse said...

Your laundry lady is adorable!!! I also love your splitrail fence it looks so good!! Have a wonderful 4th!!!~Wendy

mitchiesmom said...

I just found your blog and am in love with it!! You are doing what I wish I had the motivation to do! You are so creative and clever - I'm going to be like you some day!! Sound like a stalker, don't I?? Well, I will be back - but just in blogland to admire and remark on your truely wonderful talent!! Thanks so much!!

Never So Simple said...

I love your new fence it looks great. The laundry lady is way too cute. :)

Donna

Black Sheep Lisa said...

The laundry lady is so adorable!!
Your home and yard is beautiful too! Great find on the sink and cabinet.

Anonymous said...

Love your laundry lady...she is so cute!! Great sink with the cabinet also!
Have a wonderful 4th of July.
Cindy

Unknown said...

Your laundry lady is beyond ADORABLE!!! I want one!! Loved it!! :) Tammy