Friday, July 3, 2009

Red Hot Finds on Friday

I did good today! You know it's best just not to go out with high expectations. That usually is a good rule of thumb for me. Didn't have any today and I came home with a suburban full. The first sale I hit this morning I went a little early not thinking they wouldn't even be open and I top the hill and I see cars! I knew the gal and her sister has the same taste in decor as I do. So I knew then I might be in luck. I was right. The little school desk caught my eye right off, not knowing what I would do with it, I looked at the price and for $1 I didn't think much harder. The hanging baskets will work perfectly for fly screens, take a little hardware off and they are already black! The two unfinished pieces I will paint up, and the little red tin is a Brothers Sewing container. Pd $2, a bit high but the desk was only a buck!! The egg crate I pd $5 for, a little high but the desk was only a buck!!
Another good shot of the egg crate. And now for the galvanized goodies. I have said it a million times. I love anything galvanized! I went through this little town on my way to Bartlesville and this little lady was having a sale. I have been to hers before, kinda high, but she always has great stuff. She used to own a junk store next to her house but it all burnt down. Well her son was there today, she has been ill. I bought three chicken feeders and the old milking can for $8! My fav is the square feeder. I may try to hang it from a fence.

I thought the other day I would try and find another chalk board to sit out by my laundry lady and outside the garage of the first tag sale was this chalk board with a $1 tag on it!! I'll need to repaint the chalk board and it will be perfect. The two old rakes I got for $1 each and the galvanized roasting pan was .50! I also found two old flags for .50 each, why would she sell them they are perfect out on a couple of my old bikes. I have no idea what I pushed to make the font different and I can't find where to change it, but I kinda like it!! I also found a huge bag of (ok) bath towels for the hubbys garage rag drawer. $1 for the big bag. Well there was no paper tonight, and I guess no new tag sales in the morning. Kind of a waste of a perfectly good Saturday! I think I'll sleep in and play with some of my new treasures. I still need to post a pic of my sink on the deck and I painted Taylor three cork board frames for her headboard, but I haven't hung them up yet. I hate the idea of hanging things. I know right now, there is not going to be a stud where I need one to be. Uggggg! Have a safe and fun Fourth of July wherever you live!!!!!!!!


13 comments:

horse loving lineman's wife said...

Wow! Great finds!!

The Graves Gang said...

Awesome! Love all the goodies :)

Tolentreasures said...

Great finds! I am off to flea market today, I hope that I do as well. Is flea market a verb anywhere but blog land?

Cathy

Raggedy Angel said...

OMG, you hit the jackpot....I love those feeders! Beth

Barb J. said...

You always find the best yard sale stuff! Is my eye just not as good as yours or does your area have better stuff, lol? Maybe it's because I live in the city, do you?

I would have to use those chicken feeders for my flock, though, not for decoration, lol.

Lisa said...

WONDERFUL FINDS!! You definitely had lots of luck!!

Ribbonwood Cottage said...

I almost can't stand to visit your blog and see what goodies you have found next...I always groan, always wish I was going with you to these hot sales...always slink away from the computer telling hubby we need to move....anyhoo...once again you have found amazing finds. I did laugh...I have a few of those feeders down by the barn....next to the chickens. Can't wait to see what you do with all of it!
Blessings,
Debbie

Jessica said...

I totally agree with Debbie LOL! ;) I love to see your awesome finds (and wow at the bargains!) and wish we had sales like that out here.

Have a wonderful Independence Day!

MommaB said...

oh I see lots of painting possibilties in the chicken feeders...looove them

Artsy Fartsy Junkin Finds said...

I love every bit of your crusty rusty finds!! I am a junker girl too, Love your blog! Janna

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

i love the galvanized and i think they are perfect just as they are
you do seem to have extremely good luck at the sales.

The Gathering Room said...

I Love how your wash tub fountain turned out...nicely done!! Cindy

Unknown said...

Oh my! Wish I could find deals like that! :)