Monday, July 13, 2009

And on his farm he had a chicken

E I,E I,O! Well I got my chicken coop home the other night. Man was it ever heavy, it about didn't even fit in the back of the truck. We went home very very slow! Got it home and I wanted sat next to my little someday shop. Of course, I couldn't leave it naked for very long so I started looking around my stash of "accessories"
I brought in some galvanized buckets and scoops, some pots and plants! I need to get some hay to stuff in the slanted roosting compartments. And when it gets cooler I want to replace that tin roofing with some old barn galvanized tin I have in the attic of the garage! It's all rusty!


This chicken coop I got a couple yrs ago at a tag sale, the hubby put it on a stand and it sits out by the (Used to be) playhouse, (now) pool house. I've got some nesting in there. It seems to be a favorite hang out for the cat.

The hubby re roofed this in some shingles we had left over.




The old hose reel and cooler I've picked up this summer sits out at the pool steps.



More signs that chickens might actually live here! This feeder sits out by my new old glider swing under a tree.






Another feeder for the fouls! Have a great week ladies!





16 comments:

Sandy said...

I LOVE everything!
That new and old chicken coop looks awesome and with all the accessories :) All of your decor is faboulous!

Sandy

Never So Simple said...

Love it all! Everything looks so good love your yard.

Donna

Brenda said...

Love what you have done with that chicken coop!!
Brenda

Amy S said...

soo cute--good buy!!!
keep em coming~~:)

Black Sheep Lisa said...

I love it all!!!

Holly Hills Primitives said...

Oh I could just see that new chicken coop filled with pumpkins, gourds, bittersweet... for the fall! What a great buy! Keep the pictures coming, Dawn

Lisa said...

WOW - I love it and you picked some great items to put into the compartments too! Very neat!

carolyn@simple~primitive~devotion said...

Wow, love your chicken coops! And your other vintage chicken things. What a great collection!

Tolentreasures said...

Love your chicken coop! What a great find! I actually have one of those galvanized picnic drink coolers in the back seat of my car right now. I was thinking that I was going to paint it, but maybe not...Thanks for showing everything!

Cathy

The Gathering Room said...

oh my..I do love this!!!

Birgit said...

Those chicken coops are just amazing! I love your creative thinking in everything you do.
Hugs~ birgit

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

I love the way it looks. And you can always change it on a whim. Great investment. Only now I want one!

Holly said...

I've been looking all over for chicken coops and not one to be found. I live in farm country and it seems everyone still uses theirs!!! I'm not giving up!! Love everything you've done!!

mitchiesmom said...

OMG-I absolutely love your site!! The chicken coop is awesome!!!! Your water feature is so cool!! Do you mind if I copy your water feature? I absolutely love it!! And I really love your taste in everything and the ease in which you put it down in writing. Thanks so much for sharing you!!!

Carey's Farmhouse Kitchen said...

Hey I love what you did with your finds. I think it's cool that you stash stuff. I have to find a purpose for my things right away. I thought the table was a steal and I loved the chicken coop the best.

Carey

Lynn Barbadora said...

That chicken coop is awesome!!!!!!!!! LOVE IT!
Blessings,
Lynn