Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Finally, a water feature...

I have been wanting a water feature for many yrs. Didn't know where to begin, what I needed. I bought this long galvanized tub at a junk store and knew this is what I wanted to use. Now it's not where I actually want it, but until the hubby digs me electrical out in the yard, I decided to put it on my deck. I do like hearing the water from the deck and my back porch.
We worked a couple nights on the pump feature. I had plastic tubing ran up the pump and it wasn't working, so Mike wielded some pipe up the pump and the tubing connects to the base of the pump. It works for me. I ran to WalMart a few minutes ago and bought some plants.

I may tweak it alittle more as needed.


To hide the pump filter I had a washboard in the flow of the water, but it kept drifting and I thought about that roasting pan I bought this weekend at a tag sale and I like this, I think.



I guess I didn't get a good picture of the galvanized wash tub hanging above the feature of the house. I may tweak that ,too. But so far I think it is something I'm going to enjoy. Well the daughter is at volleyball camp this week in the mornings along with her cousins. I'll be leaving to pick her up in a minute. I think I will mow today, (my therapy!) Enjoy your Tuesday!!




12 comments:

Shan said...

I love your water feature!!
So creative!
Hugs, Shan

Jessica said...

I love it! I bet it sounds wonderful too. But I think I'd be too tempted to crawl in there on hot days... lol ;D

Rosemary said...

Oh my gosh I LOVE IT!

What a great job!!!!
Blessings
Rosemary

Leslie said...

HOW CUTE IS THAT!!!

Raggedy Angel said...

hey...that is great!
Beth

Never So Simple said...

I love it. You did a great job!

Donna

JenW!~ said...

I love it. And think it look great where it's at.

Notes from the Homestead said...

Hi there, I recently joined your blog as a "follower" and I LOVE the water feature! It's so hot here in Minnesota today, I could just jump in there for a splash! lol :) Can you come over and make one for me too! Ha, ha. Thanks for the great projects and photos! Please visit me at notesfromthehomestead.blogspot.com
I love meeting new friends with a passion for primitives!
~Kim

Holly Hills Primitives said...

What a great fountain! I went back to read some posts where I had left off and my very favorite is the laundry lady. How adorable!!! I want one in my yard too. You are so creative and everything looks so wonderfully prim! Keep up the good work, Dawn

Mad Red Hare said...

That is so fun! I would love to have one.

Artsy Fartsy Junkin Finds said...

Oh, I LOVE you creation!!! Great blog! Blessings, Janna

Tolentreasures said...

How great that looks! I love it! How relaxing that sound must be on your deck!

Cathy