Friday, July 10, 2009

I Pledge Allegiance

Well our motor in the blower part of our central air went our two days ago, and yes we are under a heat advisory! And Mike was out of town! Last night it was 83 degrees in here. Ugggg! But the air guy got it fixed about 2:15 and we are resting at a cool 72!! I kept all the blinds closed, ceiling fans going and if you just sat in front of a fan it was so so. So I decided to get a couple samplers done. I have so enjoyed and got so many comments on my jar of flags on my kitchen table, that I wondered what a flag would look like with the pledge of allegiance stitched on the white stripes. So I am in the middle of that. I am liking it too.
I stitched up a couple of these for some pillow tops. I bought some pretty homespun material way before the Fourth and haven't done anything with it. So I finished these up and primed them today. Coffee stained a few more flags.

And hit a couple tag sales this morning. I found these three crocks with lids for $5, now they had this (ugly) painting on them so I soaked them awhile and used a razor blade to scrape it off. I think I'm going to put a prim label on each one. Found another crate today for $3 and at one sale I bought a galvanized bucket, a big old strainer, a board to prim up as a candle board, none of it was marked and I walked away paying .45! I know! Oh, my neighbor called the other night and wanted to know if I was interested in a chicken coop! Well YEA! It was a patient of hers and she said I could have it, but my neighbor said she was having a hard time making her bills. She has stage 3 cancer. We took her dinner and I pd her $20 for the coop. I didn't bring it home as my husband was away on a business trip with the truck. I will pick it up this weekend and I think I know right where I want to put it. I'll post a picture of it as soon as I get it home! Happy tag sailing tomorrow!


7 comments:

JenW!~ said...

Can't wait to see your pillows done and also your flags. what a clever idea. The crocks will look great with the labels on them. Can't ait to the coop.

Jessica said...

I'd like to come tag sale-ing with you! ;D

That is really nice of you to bring dinner and some $ for the coop.

Have a blessed weekend!

Black Sheep Lisa said...

Sorry about the AC, we had AC problems back in May, so i feel your pain! Love the stitchery and the crocks are awesome!

Never So Simple said...

The pillows look great! I also love those crocks. I hope your nice and cool now.

Donna

carolyn@simple~primitive~devotion said...

Oh, I love your flags! In fact, a good friend of mine is making me some right now to go in my crock. Great minds think a like! :)

Wow, your blog is awesome! I definately will be back.

Thanks for visiting me. I'm adding you to my list and I hope you will visit me again.

Have a great weekend!

Birgit said...

That's one way to pass the time in the heat... your stitcheries are coming along great!
I like the stitching on the flag too.
Have a great weekend!
Birgit

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

i love how the flag turned out----great idea. and the pillow toppers, too. i love americana. you can leave it out all year long. Wow! your own coop.....will you use it for chickens or repurpose it?