Thursday, July 30, 2009

Wash house curtain

I finally finished the curtain in the bathroom. I don't know why I have been dreading that. I really don't like to sew with the machine. I really thought I'd do it after school started, but yesterday I just went for it. I had my sign done for a while and I wanted it up.
I took the mini blinds down. I'd like to eventually get them all down in the house. I still have them in the bedroom. I'd like to have plantation shutters like in the living room. Those mini blinds are just dust collectors.


I found this old watering ladle yesterday at a junk store for $8.50, a little more than I wanted to spend but I liked it.

And this was next to it in the same booth. Love this. These old soap dishes just speak to me when I find them!! I pd. $8.50 for it also. I put it in my bathroom.




I bought some plank boards to make a dough board for my new washer and dryer tomorrow. I'll post them later. But as I left the garage, my daughters little car was sitting out in the driveway. Her dad bought her a car this summer, now granted she is only 14 and can't even drive yet. Hasn't even gone up to take the learners permit test yet. He got a really good deal on it, so he bought it. I've been driving it here and there. Well I have a few projects to work on tomorrow. I bought a couple repurpose things to paint up and my mom bought me a old white mountain ice cream freezer in pieces that Ive got to glue the base back together and try to put back together. I'll try to post all that. Have a great evening.



9 comments:

basketsnprims said...

Love your curtains & your new dipper and soap keep. Nice car, too.
Pam

Brenda said...

I love your wash house area!! I also really love that soap dish! Great find!
Brenda

Anonymous said...

Dawn, You did a beautiful job on your curtains - I love the fabric you used to. Is that black gingham on tan? Its the perfect primitive look!

carolyn@simple~primitive~devotion said...

Your curtains turned out great and I love the signs you have been making! ALL of them!

I love your ladel and soap dish and I'm sure I would ahve bought them too!

Have a gerat weekend!

Carmen and the Primcats said...

Love those curtains!

Tolentreasures said...

Love your bathroom, isn't it amazing that something that you put off for so long, finished up so quickly you wonder why you procrastinated?

Cathy

Never So Simple said...

I love the new curtains. I remember my Nanny having a soap dish like that when I was growing up. Love the laddle as well.

Donna

Kim @ Home Is Where The Heart Is said...

Great curtains...nice car, too, for your dd!

Juanita said...

Hey Dawn! I have been gone for awhile and I wanted to stop in and tell my old friends hey and that I have missed you. I was thinking about you the other day and about your laundry room.I am going to have to go back and look at your older posts!Well anyways I've missed ya and I am back so come and see me if you get a chance. Have a blessed day!
Juanita