Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Wintery Weather







Well ladies, we did get our snow day. Now granted not like all of up north. This is no comparison, but its a day off from school! Yesterday as school dismissed the ice started coming down. We had to scrap windshields, the roads were glazed over with ice. Thankfully my SIL called and moved my hair app. from today to yesterday after school so we slide out there and I got my hair cut. We saw a small pickup teetering on a guardrail on an small bridge. Everyone was OK. This is our 1st snow day called this yr. About 9:00 the super. called on the automated calling system to say enjoy your day off tomorrow! It honestly doesn't look like many of you ladies post from my kitchen window but there is ice underneath that dusting of snow. I had been dealing with a scratchy throat anyway. I came home an laid in bed for almost 1 1/2 hrs. I had been cold all day. So we slept in this morning , Taylor is still sleeping, I think she could sleep a day away. Do any of you have teens that do that? Well I'm always thinking if I had a snow day off I would sit here and read blogs all day, but I do need to go get some laundry started, load the dishwasher, and make a bed. I'll probably meander upstairs to the craft rm. to sew on something as I catch up on a favorite soap. If I do anything ground breaking Ill post it for you all! Enjoy your day!

7 comments:

Bren said...

What a pretty picture out your kitchen window. Enjoy your day off.
Hugs, Bren

Denise said...

Your kitchen window view is pretty! But, boy do I hate the ice. Glad you could stay in where it's warm and safe! And, yes, I do believe teenagers could sleep all day.

Carrie ~ Cricketwood Prims said...

Enjoy your snow day, lol...I will watch for your earth shaking report.

ohiofarmgirl said...

That storm must be heading our way...6-8 inches of snow tonight...yikes...hope it misses us. Dianntha

Mary Humphrey said...

I had to stop by and get a primitive fix! I need to start working on collecting again. Yes, I had a teenager that could sleep all day. Wouldn't it be nice to be able to not think about anything in particular, and sleep like that again (from time to time)?

Tammy said...

How beautiful thank you for sharing!

Back in the Day said...

I love the view from your window! So glad you shared! I hope your throat feels better and you don't come down with this flu bug!