Sunday, January 25, 2009

Painting Away!
















Hi everyone, man it's cold here in Kansas. No snow, I'm almost jealous all the pics you ladies post with all the snow. We are suppose to have sleet on Tues. not enough to keep us home from school though. Darn! But it is cold and cloudy. It's been a good day to finish up some projects. The kittys got the right idea lounging by the fire. I stopped by the goodwill a few wks ago and found this mail/bill drawer and I almost forgot to take a picture before I started painting. And found some frames at the $tree. I painted them up and I like the looks of it. I'm headed up to the craft rm. to work on some samplers for the frames. I found this towel rack a while back and just decided to hang it in my dining rm. Well tomorrow is weigh in day @ww. I've lost 7 lbs. in 2 wks. I'd like to get to 10lbs. tomorrow! WE'll see. I don't want to jinx it. I do feel better just because Im doing something. I need to get on that treadmill! Well, I had better get upstairs and get something done. You all have a great wk.

9 comments:

Pamela... Beehind Thyme Farm & Garden said...

Good Sunday Evening... Dawn

I just wanted to stop in to say... you won! Remember the Salt Dough Ornaments... well they are heading your way... as soon as I get your address.

Thank you dearly for stopping to visit with me from thyme to thyme.

Hugs, Pamela

big city prims said...

Wow, Dawn -- I love what you did with the letter holder.What a great find! And you did such a great redo! Congrats on the weight loss,too-- that is so great! 7 pounds--wowowow! That is fabulous.

Lisa said...

I love your letter holder and the picture frames look great!!

CONGRATULATIONS to you on your weight loss!! WOOHOO

Kimberly said...

That's what I need to do--get BUSY on something! I would love to do some painting!But I am down and out with a whopper of a cold right now and I think the congestion is getting in the way of my creativity. I love your mail box... have fun with it!
Blessings, Kimberly

Ann said...

We had a few a day of bitter cold, but no snow. We never get snow in central Florida but we did get frost so thick my kids thought it was snow. LOL

Youre painted frames just gave me an idea for my next project.

Raymonty said...

The barn is great and your writing style in easy to read. We will be getting some more snow this Wednesday so I will be inside for a few days.

Anonymous said...

Hi Dawn,
Love how the mailbox re-do came out!! Great frames from the dollar store. I love to go there and get frames for my samplers.
Congrats on the weight loss!!
Cindy

Raymonty said...

Good morning! I am reporting from Albanye,NY and from my cabin window it is 18.1 degrees outside; we will be getting some snow today and tomorrow. Keep up the good work on the weight reduction and we all can go swimming at ,Vinelake this coming summer.

Back in the Day said...

I love how everything turned out - they all look great! Can't wait to see the samplers when you finish.