Sunday, January 4, 2009

Someday Craft Shop!







Ok Ladies, its a long ways from being finished but here is some pics of the potting shed/craft shop. Its pretty bare. We had a work bench along one side that we took out a few days ago. It made it look bigger. When we talked about turning the shed in to a craft area, I thought it might be to small. Now looking at it I worry if I can fill it? I'd like to do a lot of repurposing of items and some sewing things. I'd like to get into maybe some wholesale stuff but I know alot of wholesaler require a min. order and I don't want to tie up alot of overhead. But I would like to be able to buy some things wholesale, like materials-garlands and supplies and such. I'd love to be able to paint. Ive seen old things with snowmen painted on them. I've always wanted to paint. One wall is peg board, but I'm not sure if I want to keep it. Id like to find alot more old doors and screens and line the walls with them. i have purchased alot of barn wood I intend on using on the walls. well it will sit for the winter. I have been moving some for my tag sale finds in there for the winter. Well I have laundry to fold. Yes, I know the 13 yr old should be doing that task. Her and her dad are in there playing on her new Wii. Have a great week. I head back to school tomorrow. Ive' enjoyed getting up each morning with my cappachino to visit with you all. Ill catch up with you another day!

14 comments:

Janene said...

Dawn~
That is a wonderful space! I so wish to have a place like that someday to create so neat things.
Back to the old grind tomorrow...but it is nice to get back into a routine.
Have a good week!

Olde Tyme Marketplace said...

Hi Dawn!
Thanks so much for visiting my blog today. Sorry it was such a long time between posts. Glad you enjoyed the pics!
I ahve total faith in you that you will have no trouble filling that building!!How fun!! Now you MUST go to as many tag sales as possible...no excuses!! LOL!
Happy New Year!
Beth ;0)

~Beth~ said...

Oh boy that building is every crafters dream! Love it! ~Beth~

basketsnprims said...

Wow, that will make a really cool shop. I can just see it all filled with prims.

Pam

big city prims said...

What a great space! Some very smart lady just did the same thing around the corner from where I work -- and she has a loyal following already! (me included) I love to go in there and imagine it must be so great to spend your day around prims! Good luck with it!

The Gathering Room said...

My mom once opened a shop in one front room of her home...which ended up later in her whole house..LOL but that one room was a very successful start for her business.( no overhead expense and was also a tax deduction) She did very well as there were three major camp grounds that came to see her on summer weekends...all looking for gifts for people taking care of their homes while they vacationed...so you never know who your customer base will be! Looks like a neat little place for a scraft room!

Denise said...

That is going to be so much fun for you!

Anonymous said...

Wow Dawn, that will be a wonderful crafting/shop space. Can't wait to see it when it is all finished.
Hope you have a great week.
Cindy

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

WoW - what a great space that will be! What fun you will have putting it together too!

Pamela... Beehind Thyme Farm & Garden said...

Good Evening...

Just happened upon your blog... I know I have been here before. Love all your ideas...

Good luck on your new endeavor... Many Blessings 2 You in 2009, Pamela

•♦•©The Olde Weeping Cedar •♦• said...

I just found your blog...well actually, I think I was here before?! LOL...sometimes I get all LOSTEST out there in blogland!

Love your blog! ...and what a great space for a shoppe!

I'll add ya to my blogroll, so I don't get lost agian! ;)

Hugs-Kath

Terry said...

Hi Dawn!
That is a wonderful space you got there. I can just picture it with the barn siding up, and old doors surrounding. I don't think you'll have any problem filling it up with goodies.
I can't wait to see it finished.
I bet it will be awesome!

Terry

Farmhouse Blessings said...

How exciting! That new space is so full of promise. I just know you'll make it a wonderful and inspiring place to create. I'm so happy for you.

blessings,
Lea

Olde Tyme Marketplace said...

Hey Dawn!
Come on over to my blog...you have award wating for ya!
Beth