Friday, June 12, 2009

Tag sale finds...

Well Mom and I have been working on a tag sale for her for this afternoon and on Sat. We are suppose to open about 12:00 but a severe thunderstorm is approaching right now and we may have to hold off for awhile. This morning I got up early and hit a few and found a great many treasures. I got the little aqua step stool for $2 and the grapevine with garland and the old crate got thrown in with the 5 OLD SHUTTER DOORS!!! I bought for $10. They are out by the garage to be washed off but I'm just thrilled about those. No sure what I'll do with them but thinking somewhere in my little shop, maybe hang a few from the ceiling? There is a tablecloth in there somewhere I got for $1.
These I got the other morning, can't remember if I posted them or not, sorry if I did. But I pd. $1 each for the washboards and one of them is glass! I spent some time in some flea markets at the lake this wk.end and I saw some glass for $12- 25 so I think I got a pretty good deal. Beside they belonged to one of my moms dear friends and they belong to her grandmother. So she knew I would take good care of them and display them justly! Well I had more pics to upload buy I'm having a little trouble and don't know why. But I don't have a lot of time to sit and figure it out right now. I have a couple more repurposes I have worked on this week. Well once it quiets raining Ill head over to moms and start pulling things out. Everything is marked and some is on tables in the garage. Yesterday we had a few ladies mom had told about the sale stop over for a pre sale on some of her clothes. My mother has a problem with clothes. She sold clothes still with the tags on them. She has tons of clothes in all different sizes. Yesterday she made almost $200 just on clothes sales without being officially open. If the weather straightens out this afternoon for us, she should do well. She has a great location too. Lots of traffic. Have a great weekend!

5 comments:

Lee Hill Primitives said...

What a great bargains. I saw a glass washboard in an antique store and it cost $35.

Never So Simple said...

I love your wash boards! You found some great goodies.

Donna

STITCHINPRIM said...

OH! I love all your sale finds.You are fortunate to find them at such a great price.. I especially love your stack boxes painted black and the labels on them.. If you don't mind my asking, where do you get your labels.. i have some boxes that I'm going to paint and have been looking for the right kind of labels..

I hope your Mother does good on her sale..
Blessings,
Maurine

Dawn Buie said...

Wow such bargains!!! Love everything! I just read your profile and I was like LOl My Name is Dawn also And I too am married to a man named Mike lol too funny!--Dawn

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

I love bargains! I have several wash boards in my laundry room, including a glass one and numerous wash basins. Great deal!