Thursday, June 4, 2009

Bathroom is almost finished...

Almost. I love how the distressed paint looks. I keep finding old bottles to add vintage labels on. I still need to find some door pulls. I found drawer pulls for the vanity. I added the white enamelware to accent the black.
My husband found the old doctors bag almost a yr. ago, not really having a great place for it I kept it and now I love it up on the cabinet above the toilet. More old bottles and vintage labels. I added vanilla colored water to the bottles.

For my lighting I am on the look out for three different old globes. This may be a difficult task. I need to just get the measurements and carry them with me and when I find a globe at a tag sale, see if it will fit. I want three different little globes on each light fix.


The pitch fork may go above the window or I may try to use it as a window treatment? I'm waiting for Kruenpepper Creek Gifts to restock their Billy Jacobs Barn Border and I will order that and put it up in here!! I went with cream rugs, and I still have frames sitting on the floor waiting for some inspiration.



I still have a remnant of material up to the window. It is a coordinating material to the shower curtain I ordered but I don't know yet if I will make a valance or full curtains. Well I wish I could have waited until it was finished but I wanted you to see what I have been working on! I will give updates as I get things accomplished!




16 comments:

Debbi said...

Looking good, keep up the great work.

Lisa said...

Dawn,

It is looking GREAT!! Really prim and I love it.

Hugs,
Lisa

basketsnprims said...

Dawn ~
It looks wonderful I love the black.
Pam

Leslie said...

It looks great! I love it all. The black really has me, though. I want to do my vanity in black in my bathroom but I"m so worried about the hairspray and other goodies....

Have a great day :)

Leslie

Mad Red Hare said...

Your bathroom looks wonderful. An idea, if you are going to hang the pitchfork above the window, why not hang it so you can use the handle for the curtain rod?

Denise said...

Ooh! It looks great. I can't wait to see it sompletely done. Nice work!

XXDenise

Never So Simple said...

Oh I absolutely love your bathroom. Wow is all I can say! I love all the black and the way it flows!

Donna

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

Dawn,

What a big bathroom you have! I'm loving what you've done with it...it's so very prim! Mine is not decorated yet....just the remodeling part of it. I'm on the look out for goodies to decorate with!

Tammy

Carrie said...

Dawn~

The bathroom re-do is turning our beautifully!! I agree with the others, I absolutely LOVE the distressed black. I thnk you have even inspired me to try it in our downstairs bathroom. Can't wait to see it all completed!! I am sure it will looking perfectly Prim!!

Hugs!! Carrie

Lee Hill Primitives said...

I love it all..... Awesome bath.

Something Nice and Pretty said...

It has turned out so nice...don't you just love the shower curtain? I'm glad I held out for mine:)
I have frames around here too, just waiting to have something put in them:)
Rondell

ohiofarmgirl said...

I love the way your bathroom has turned out...it seems to be a large bathroom by looking a the pictures.
The black cabinet is wonderful. Dianntha

Kindra-At Home With K said...

I'm in love with your bathroom! I love the black cabinets! I have them in my kitchen and in a small bathroom and have never regreted it. Great job!

TitansFan said...

That's a really cool looking Vanity. I had a little water flood issue a while back that gave me an excuse to get a new Bathroom Vanity. Misfortune to fortune, either way it worked out great!

Picket said...

Morning girl...you're doing a fantastic job of decorating the bathroom all country and prim...love that old white dishpan hanging on the cabinet...my grandmother had one like that on the back porch for us to wash our hands in whenever we came in from outside...

I am wanting to put a black frame around my mirror in the bathroom...love how yours looks...that is on my to do list...down at the bottom like on PAGE 50!!!! lol lol

Thanks for coming by girl and I hope you have a glorious weekend..oh by the way I love your header pic! ~♥~

~*Marie*~ said...

What is the name of the color you used on the cabinets? I love it!