Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Primmed up the laundry room

Ok, this has been one of my inspirations for my new look in my laundry room. I love the washboards and old laundry hanging up.
This is a few of my new enamelware that I placed on the kitchen counter.

I switched out my bright bowls for some old crates, jars, stitchery, and of course the enamelware! Because of my new purchases this weekend, I added a few more pans up on the wall. I still enjoy my whisk broom valance.


The refrigerator containers all have lids on the top shelf, goodies from this weekend!~Some of my labels and wire racks I've bought at tag sales~



I'd love to try a paint technique on the cabinets to make them look old and all chipped up . I did add a brown glaze around the edges awhile back.




My washer and dryer are white and the wall paper is white, but the bottom wall paper looks like an old picket fence. I've picked up several old washboards lately and I have an old sleeve ironing board to the right hanging on the wall. Well I've been working on a small tag sale for myself this week and of course it is 99 degrees!! I usually don't wait this late to have mine, but we worked on my moms for a couple of weeks. I'm pretty much set up in the garage. I need to go through the pool/play house in the morning to see what I've stashed in there over the winter! Have a great Wednesday!





17 comments:

Raggedy Angel said...

You were a real lucky tail to get all that enamelware...and for that price....oh my!!! The laundry room looks great...crisp and prim! Beth

Lee Hill Primitives said...

Love your decor. It looks great!!!

At Home With Amy said...

Your laundry room is very pretty. You don't see too many of them all decorated up like yours. The broom valance is my favorite. What a neat idea. Thanks for sharing.
Have a great day.
AMY

basketsnprims said...

Dawn ~
It's just prim perfect. How fun it would be doing laundry at your house. Love the enamelware and you have displayed it just right. Love the whisk broooms ~ how clever.
Pam

Debbie said...

I think your laundry room looks great! I love all your enamelware. I especially liked the piece with the three jars in it. I like how it looks. Thank you so much for the inspiration! :)

Debbie

Backwoodsprim said...

Oh wow!
I love how your laundry room looks!
I'm still holding on to the hope's of having one myself someday!


Backwoodsprim

Holly Hills Primitives said...

Great pictures and what a find with that enamelware! Just love to see what you've been up to. My favorite is your boat by the pool, I have to show that to my hubby! have a great day, Dawn

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

love the whisk broom valance. I, too, collect washboards. I love the labels on the jars. I have alot of old storage jars. Where did you find the labels?

primdoll said...

looks great, love it!! old laundry things are hard to find, i always have my eye open for them!! great job!! hugs, amy~♥~

Never So Simple said...

I love your laundry room. Everything looks so prim and makes me want to wash clothes. :)

Donna

Jill said...

Thanks for commenting on my house photos. I love the prim laundry room!
Blessings,
Jill

Something Nice and Pretty said...

I would love to have a laundry room like that...love the grater on your windowsil I don't think I've ever seen one like that:) Great job!!!
Rondell

Allison said...

I love your laundry room. I've been reading your blog for a few months and have never commented, tonight I just read through it all. I have a few pieces of enamelware and keep looking for more.

I enjoy your blog and hope someday to turn my blog more prim.

Crystal said...

Looks great.....what a find!!!!

Holly Hills Primitives said...

Hi Dawn, just wanted to tell you that I can't find a place on your blog to "follow" you, am I doing something wrong? Love to read what you're up to! Thanks, Dawn

Kim @ Home Is Where The Heart Is said...

Love, Love, LOVE your laundry room!

Becka said...

Love your laundry room! So prim and cute! I also love the labels on your jars! Did you make those or buy them?