Friday, June 19, 2009

No Fishin Allowed

Well this is our fishing hole, or as the Clampits called it their cement pond! I have a fishing theme going on out here. It started with an oar. It used to get so hot up here without some protection and we had some home from Branson one weekend and had seen some decor like this and thought that's what we wanted.
In one weekend we built the slanted roof with a corrugated roof and added the rope and pulleys. Lots of crates and nets.

I love the galvanized water jugs and fishing traps. We even have a rope to swing off into the water!


Love my big pulleys and nets!




And of course the boat I found last summer. I planted maiden grasses around the perimeter. I love to go out in the evenings and read. We enjoy the pool alot!



9 comments:

Wendy/TheCozyYellowHouse said...

Yes very inviting!!:0) I'll be over!!LOL Have a wonderful weekend!~Wendy

The Graves Gang said...

Love this....I've been looking for something to do with our in-ground "cement pond" this year but just wasn't sure WHAT.... Yours is soooo awesome! We go to Branson once a year for vacation.... Always look forward to it!

Debbie said...

I really like what you've done with the pool area. It looks like a place I could spend a lot of time relaxing. Hope you have a great weekend.

Debbie

Pots 'n Prims said...

Very neat!! I love it!
Stay cool in this heat!
Blessings,
lisa

Never So Simple said...

I miss my pool a lot especially on these hot days! I love your decor it looks great!

Donna

Cindy at Mountain Hollow said...

I love what youve done. I think I will use some of your ideas around my own pool. Have a great weekend

Denise said...

That's beautiful! I can certainly see why you would love spending your time there!!

Enjoy, Denise

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

I love it, Dawn! You're on to something with that awning cover! We need something like that! Love your decor!

Tammy

Crystal said...

That is such a cute idea!!!! Love it!