Monday, June 22, 2009

A Pile of Enamelware

Hello Ladies, this was my centerpiece I made on Sunday. We had a Father's Day get together of homemade ice cream and cake with family and friends. I had bought this old jar at a tag sale and a friend said she would put flags in it, so I made up a label and primed up some flags and here it is!
Now I have said it before, I cannot, cannot pass up enamelware. Well on Sat. in the pouring down rain I hit a sale and she was selling almost all of her collection of enamelware! I bought all she wanted to sell, about 20 pieces for $50. I was shaking as I paid her I was so excited! I went right home and started playing with my new toys!


I loved the measuring pitcher and all the refrigerator pieces had matching lids. I got several sizes of pans

and I love the baby bathtub!! I bought some other goodies on Sat. too that I haven't taken pics of. The weather was rainy on and off and I more than once thought about going on home and calling it good. But later on in the day the sun came out and it ended up a great day!! I have pics of were I placed all my new pieces but as I have said before I can't figure out how to download more than 5 pics per post. Ill show you another post then!!



14 comments:

Ribbonwood Cottage said...

I can't stand it....
I need to visit you for a day...go shopping...giggle and hear all your thrift, sale, goodie...stories...but today looking at your pictures....I just can't stand it!
Blessings,
Debbie

Something Nice and Pretty said...

Love the enamelware what great pieces you got.
After you load the first five pictures just hit the little do hickey, at the top that you hit the first time and it will come up again then add more:)
Rondell

arlyce said...

your goodies are making me green with envy--never have seen a collection like that up for sale. arlyce

The Gathering Room said...

what a great buy..I believe I recognize a couple of those pieces from many years ago when a student nurse. I don't collect, but I love enamelware also and have several pieces I use...love the flag centerpiece!

Denise said...

Love your centerpiece! Mine looks quite similar. I'll post a pic of it in the next day or two.

What a score on the enamelware! You lucky girl!

XXDenise

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

I have collected enamelware for many years. I have so much of it that my dh put shelving up in our summer kitchen so I could display my fave pieces and I still have boxes of mugs. And I purged a lot when we put things on the shelves. We just set the excess on the curb and the next morning it was all gone--lots of canners and roasters. I like unique pieces--coffee pots, double boilers, pitchers, mugs, butter melters, medical pieces like your irrigator and sterilizer trays. You did very well. I've seen pieces go for a quater and then I've seen pieces go fo $50+. you can see my enamelware on my site in a post called 'The Summer Kitchen'
http://limdajskitchen.blogspot.com

Kindra-At Home With K said...

I love your collection of enamalware! Super! And your Americana centerpiece turned out great!

Debbie said...

What a wonderful add to your collection. I found some old pieces here in the farmhouse shed but unfortunately they are all rusted and have holes. Not very pretty.

Take Care,
Debbie

Anne said...

Great find...I havn't found anything really good at a sale in a long time...seems everyone wants to make money instead of "just getting rid of their stuff"...oh well maybe I'll get lucky soon!

Black Sheep Lisa said...

Great find on that enamel ware!!

Picket said...

Great treasures girl and I love how you did your centerpiece on the table...hope you are having a great week!

Never So Simple said...

I really like your jar/flag display. Good buy on all the enamel ware.

Donna

Backwoodsprim said...

Nice collection of enamelware!
I'm a nut for that stuff too!
I have several of the red trimmed pieces and the black trimmed...
One of my faves is a lil' childs chamber potty with a lid and the label is still intact!!

Neat finds!
Backwoodsprim

Terry said...

Oh my goodness Dawn! You never find stuff like that around here. I think I would have hyperventilated finding all of that!
I need to come shopping in your neck of the woods.
Can't wait to see what you do with everything.
Terry