Saturday, May 2, 2009

My Saturday Projects...

have just come along great! I was going to sleep in if it was raining and surprisingly it wasn't. I got up and ran to a couple tag sales and found a couple things. I came home and got busy with some small projects I have been wanting to finish! I tweaked a few spots in the house. This one is above the patio doors. I have been collecting so many old things lately and I needed to find a place for them. Mike had come home a while back with some car tags and an old street sign. I placed those on the shelf here.

I had posted this old tray awhile back. I thought long and hard if I should paint this. I loved the aged look it already had. I decided to paint it black and got about half way done and thought, oh I've made a mistake.


But I sanded the heck out of it and I think it looks fine. It just came to me after it dried to put one of my side table lamps in it. What do you think? I do need some little somethings in the tray along with the lamp, I'll find something.




This was my "buy of the day". Don't you always have a "buy of the day". The thing you think, oh that was worth getting up early for. This I guess is an old milk carrier. I pd. $1.00. I loved it the minute I saw it.




For now I put some of my collection of zinc lid jars in it. I need to put something in the jars though. Well I got alot of painting done today on some things I have bought with the intention of redoing. I'll save them for another post. The sun came out for about 20 min. today, but it was a total surprise!! It didn't get over 60 though today. Once I even turned the furnace on. It's May 2, come on!! I'm ready for hot weather again. All I've wanted to do it eat. Well I'm going to get caught up on my blog readings. I've got a few candle boards drying as we speak!




9 comments:

Never So Simple said...

Love how the shelf turned out. I love the old signs and lids. Everything looks good.

Donna

Debbie said...

Everything looks great. I love the milk carrier and how you put the jars with zinc lids in it. I found a lot of those in the attic here. I should clean them up and do something with them. Thanks for sharing with us.

Something Nice and Pretty said...

Love the wood tray and it looks great with the lamp in it. The milk carrier was a great find!
Rondell

Sue said...

I love your "find of the day"!! The wood tray looks great just like you have it. Hope your weather gets warmer!

Raggedy Angel said...

I Love your find of the day...I need it for MY milk bottles...LOL!
Beth

Ribbonwood Cottage said...

Wow! What great finds. I love the milk carrier. You had a very successful shopping trip...woohoo!
Blessings,
Debbie

Unknown said...

All is gorgeous. I love the jars displayed in the wire basket.
Teresa

At Home With Amy said...

I absolutely love that shelf above your door. It looks great. Neat idea putting your lamp in that tray. I can't wait to see what goodies you add in the tray. Very clever idea.

Thanks for sharing,
~AMY~

Birgit said...

Thanks for stopping by and visiting my little corner of blogland.
I love your finds! I never would have thought to put the lamp in the tray but it looks great! maybe you could add some little seasonal pillows and some pips or something like that.
Hugs~ Birgit