Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Landed Safely

Well Taylor called this morning and she and her dad have arrived safely in Washington DC! They were on their way to eat at McDonald's and then off to the National Zoo. It was Taylor's first flight. She said it was a little bumpy ,but fun. I hope they got a little sleep. They left here at 3:00 am on a chartered bus to arrive at the Tulsa airport. Then onto their flight to D.C. They won't even get to the motel until 9:30 tonight. Their scheduale is jam packed with things to do everyday while they are there. I know they will have fun, if you can have fun with 33- 14 yrs. olds.
This is my project for today. I actually started alittle yesterday with the washstand and doors. This morning I tackled the vanity,mirror and will probably start on the light fixture soon. I'm in between coats right now. Taking a break!


I think I'm going to love it. My mom called and asked what I was doing this morning and I said, painting my bathroom black. Well she thought I had gone crazy! No mom just the furnishings, not the walls. I ordered a back check shower curtain yesterday. I hope to have most of this done by the time they get back. Taylor and Mike both use this bathroom the most. Well I'll share more pics later, have a great day!

3 comments:

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

Glad to hear they arrived safely! I bet they'll have a really good time! I hope you get lots accomplished! I can't wait to see the finished bathroom! We're working on one ourselves!

And by the way, I forgot to tell you on the last post that I LOVE your porch bed swing! Wow! How funny that you got locked out of the house enjoying it! :)

Tammy

Something Nice and Pretty said...

I can't wait to see the finished bathroom with the new shower curtain...did you order from the same lady as me? I love mine, very good quality.

Yes, the porch bed is really something, I would love it:)
Have a great day!
Rondell

Backwoodsprim said...

Glad to hear they had a good & safe flight!
Hope they have a great time!
Looks like you've been quite busy!
I really like the black on the vanity and washstand....I think it will be very striking when you get it all put together.....

Love the post about the porch decor too!
Have a good week!
Backwoodsprim