Wednesday, May 27, 2009

A little preview of what I've done today...

Oh, I feel like I have gotten so much done in the past two day, plus I have posted like three of four times in a row! Here is a little sample of some of the finishes I have gotten done. I want to get my shower curtain and valance before I post some pics but here are a few corners. I have painted all i need to I think. The big towel cabinet was the easiest. It didn't have a shine finish, so I didn't need to degloss any of that. The mirror and light fixture seemed to take the longest.
I can't wait to start decorating. I will use most of what I had in there. Tomorrow Mom and I hit the thrift stores and flea markets so maybe I'll find some new treasures!

I just sprayed the shutters. That was the easiest I figured. than scuffed them up. Screwed them back to the wall


I have lots of enamelware to put in the bathroom!! Gotta love that enamel ware. I have a kink in by neck from wallering all over the floor painting and reaching high! Can you spell DEEP HEAT tonight! Taylor and Mike just called, today was their long day. Didn't get back to the motel till 10:30 they did a lot of walking today and saw a lot of sights. The weather was sunny and hot, tomorrow another chance of rain. Mike said his leg was hurting tonight, but he was ok. It sounds as if they are having a great time!!



Char over at The Pickled Pepper Patch had a fun looking tutorial on firecrackers made of dowel rods. I bought some today, used the big saw in the garage all by myself!! It was COOL! Cut those dowels and painted them up black tonight. Need to get some barn red, antique white and navy blue tomorrow and finish them up. I'll post pics when I'm done. I love checking off these projects one after another. It's great having the summer off!!!!!!!!!!




6 comments:

Raggedy Angel said...

Boy...you are on a role! When you get all caught up come help me! Beth

Something Nice and Pretty said...

I can't wait to see the room complete, everything is looking good Dawn:)
I loved the firecracker project too, just not enough time in the day but I'm sure you know the feeling:)
Rondell

Lisa said...

So anxious to see your room completed...

I too loved that firecracker project that she shared. I would like to try to make some myself, but I have so many other projects and I feel like I don't have enough time in the day. Ah, I always feel rushed!!

Wendy/TheCozyYellowHouse said...

You go girl!!! I can't wait to see it all done!!! Have fun with mom today!!:0)~Wendy

Carrie said...

I agree with everybody else, I can not wait to see the finished product. What you have shown us so far has looked great!!

I have been wanting to make Char's firecrackers as well, make sure to show us the after pic on that as well!!

Have a GREAT evening!!

Hugs!! Carrie♥

ohiofarmgirl said...

I love your make-overs. And the pics of your porch are super too. Dianntha