Friday, May 1, 2009

Junkin in the rain!

Boy, did it rain. I dropped Taylor off at school and headed to Joplin. It started raining before I left town. Rained pretty good for awhile. Then it started getting darker and darker and raining harder and harder. I had to pull over three times on my way to my favorite flea market it was storming so bad. I did find a few good things. I pd. $6.00 for this marshmallow tin. I thought it was a little high, but I've always wanted one and had never ran across one before. The cutting board behind it was $1.00. I snatched that right up. I love the shape of it. I put the tin above my fridge along with the rest of them!


I also found this great tote. I am painting it black and then I'll sand it. The rolling pin I pd $4.00 for. I have quite a few now. The strainer I bought for $1.00 to make a fly screen out of. I got it home clipped off the leg band. left the handles and in a matter of seconds I had another fly screen! I like it better than the one I made from the Walmart strainer.

These wooden wall boxes I got from Hobby Lobby at 30% off. I have painted one up tonight already. The little wooden bowl I bought at a Goodwill store for .50 and the big wooden plate I bought at Hobby Lobby also for 30% off. I think it was less then 4.00




The locker basket I pd $6.50 for. I had been looking at some from Mammy Mercantile for 6.50 plus tx. so I bought it. and the whisk broom was .50. I can't pass those up. Remember the whisk broom valance I have in my laundry rm? All in all I had a pretty good day. I went on home from there. The weather was all dark and stormy. I chicken out and headed home. Ran into it all over again on the drive home. Tomorrow it is suppose to rain all day. I'd love to get up and tag sale. there are a few listed. If its raining I'm sleeping in. ZZZZZZZZ! Please send Kansas some sun shine.





This is a memo board I bought at a tag sale a while back. It has a chalk board on one side and had a cork board on the other. But I want to put a sampler on the right side. But I'm having trouble chipping off the cardboard backing of the cork board. I got frustrated and I think I'll try again tomorrow. Well I have the whole day to myself again tomorrow. Mom and Dad are at a car show/cruise in and Talyor is at the sleepover at a motel with her cousin and Aunt Dana. Mike has to get up early and run a route tomorrow so I will piddle around here!!! Yea!



7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great finds!! It has been rain buckets here in Ohio also...This is our 3th day of rain and we are going to have more rain for several days. Where did the sun go?

Carla said...

You found some great stuff! What a bargain on the whisk broom. I'm always searching for them, too. Love the wood wall boxes, too.

Debbie said...

Its been raining for the past 6 days here and their forecasting more up too Wednesday. I am so tired of rain but I think spending it at the flea market is a great way to pass the day. You found a lot of great stuff!

Debbie

Lisa said...

You found some great goodies!! Oh - it has been raining here for days here in Ohio and will probably do so for the next couple days... I want that sunshine back!!

Have a great weekend.

~ Lisa

The Old Parsonage said...

Sounds like you found the rainbow after the rain!

Have a great day!
Leann

Never So Simple said...

Love all the new goodies you found. I can't wait to see what you do with that basket and tote.

Donna

Something Nice and Pretty said...

What a deal on the wisk broom, I paid 5.00 for mine on ebay:(

Love the tote and cutting board...sure wish we had a hobby lobby around here you got great deals there too:)
Rondell