Sunday, March 22, 2009
















Well it was my last day of spring break before heading back to work. It has been a great break too! We had a list of things to get done and I think we accomplished it!! This morning I skipped out early and was sitting at my favorite flea market when the doors opened~about an hr. away! But it is a beautiful drive, full of pastures with new green wheat poking through the ground. At one point I saw two geese very near the highway and I swear a 100 yds away a wild turkey was near the highway. I saw a coyote as I was headed there way out in a field. It was a very pleasant drive. I had a great Christian station I was singing to, it made a perfect day. Now I always find something there, but I left home with no expectations. It must have worked because I hit pay dirt today. I came home with my suburban backend full! The old cooler I pd. $3.00, the geraniums I got at hobby lobby on Sat, the cooler doesn't have a lid but I think I'll put flowers in it anyway. I love the cooler! The old black chair doesn't have a seat in it, but again I think I have some graniteware that will fit in the hole and I will put a plant in it, Oh I have some antique tools I could put in the tub! The three jars, I so didn't need, well I didn't need any of this But..... the jars were 1/2 price. I pd. $2.00 each and they are big jars with zinc lids, well I couldn't just leave them there. I have my new labels I bought from Yankee Lane that I can put on them. The scales I pd. $7.50. I could have sworn someone out there wanted to do some bartering for some scales. I have been wanting a noodle board so bad, but Sat. evening we went to Lowe's and we found precut boards glued together wide enough to cover my stove. Mike is going to work on it for me sometime soon. I have been saving pictures from all your kitchens to choose just the one I want him to make for me!! I am so thrilled. I have been wanting one of those forever!! Anyway, there I found another granite ware tray. And the memo board I think I will paint up and try to resale in my shop. The little rectangle screen I pd. $5.oo for and the big screen door I pd. $19.00 now I think that was to much, but I got it anyway. Remember I'm going to line some of the walls in my shop with screens. We're not telling Mike I pd. $19.oo for the screen, he would have thought that was ridiculous!~ Then I stopped by Wal-mart and bought the first two geraniums of the summer. I know they will get cheaper, pd. $5.50 for each. I will be potting about 15-20 pots up so I will wait for the smaller pots to come in before buying tons. But they will be a pretty start to my porch. Well as promised, here my mom is modeling her new toothbrush bracelet! yes, ladies I did say toothbrush bracelet. Now I may live under a rock but I for sure have never seen a toothbrush bracelet. Mom says a friend of her's made them for all the Thursday lunch ladies( they all meet for lunch out on Thurs.) It seems you heat up the toothbrush and bend it and let it cool and glue little jewels on the bracelet! Hum!!!! Oh, of course, first you take off the bristles! Of course! Well its getting late and I will need to be getting up early in the am. Lots of you have stopped in to get added to my giveaway, thanks so much for the sweet comments. Have a great Monday everyone!

11 comments:

Denise said...

Wow, you sure found some great things! Love the cooler, too!

Have a great day, Denise

Ny the way, I would never have guessed the bracelet was made out of a toothbrush!

Debbie said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful Sunday! I love the cooler with the geraniums. We hit the 70's here and had fun exploring our new yard to find all the surprises Spring was giving us.

Take Care,
Debbie

simple~needs said...

hey char was the one wanting to barter for scales. :) i love your finds!! the cooler is def. my favorite!!!

Something Nice and Pretty said...

Oh, I just love the screendoor...lucky you!!!

I wouldn't have left without the jars either and they sure will look great with the labels on:)

I love geraniums too, so glad to see some even in pictures:)
Rondell

Wendy said...

I love the cooler with the flowers, looks fantastic sitting on the old chair.

the said...

WOW! You lucky girl , but I LOVE that red color & only 3 bucks?! Its beautiful :)
Stephanie

Sherie said...

Hello, I have just found your blog and I know I must follow it. Your have such a gift of finding great things. Love the screens and can't wait to see what you do with them. I would love to be entered in you give away. Someone is going to be a lucky winner. Have a good week. Sherie

Dayle ~ A Collection of Days said...

The cooler rocks!

horse loving lineman's wife said...

You did good. I just love old and new junk. I espeically like the scales, and the old glass jars. Have an awesome day!! Kimberly C.

Shara said...

Hi Dawn, Thanks for stopping by my blog. It looks like we share a love of junk. I think junk is a good word! And you are married to a Breadman! How funny. Mine works for Wonder Bread. He delivers to OK everyday. I live in NW Arkansas, but I was born in Topeka. We travel to KS a lot. Stop back by - I'm off to look at your "junk". OH - your backyard shop is a DREAM of mine too!

Olde Tyme Marketplace said...

HEY DAWN!!
Oh my gosh, between the screen door, the cooler and the scale I am dizzy!! THey are all great! Lucky lucky girl!!
SMiles,
Beth