Monday, March 30, 2009

Finally got my noodle board..

I have been wanting a noodle board forever. We went to Lowes a few wks ago and bought the board. Last Sunday we told me to drag the board out in the garage and show him what I wanted. I had been saving pictures of many of yours and sketched out kind of what I wanted. He then cut it out. I took the scrapes and cut out some candle boards from the scrapes all by myself with the jigsaw.




I so want to master those tools. He has every tool know to man. Scrollsaws, miter saw, skill saws, sanders, most of them on stands. He has a great collection, I just hate having to depend on him to cut something for me. I see so many things I want, benches, stools, shelves... that I know if I wasn't so fearful of them I could do all this myself. Maybe this summer I can just go out there and play around. Anyway, I brought in the boards and painted them up that night. I still need to spray a matte finish on the noodle board. But I love the look of it on my stove. I had thought all along I would stain it to match my cabniets, but I kinda like it black to match my stove. The little candle boards will look good around the house too! Well we are expected to get a thunderstorm tonight. Snow this weekend and now this. Thanks to all who left sweet comments about my beatuiful niece. We are very proud of her. I shared pics all day at school today. Have a great week!

12 comments:

Never So Simple said...

Well, it looks great! I want one also maybe one day. :)

Donna

Raggedy Angel said...

That looks great...I have one on my list to do also! Beth

Lisa said...

Looks GREAT!! I would love to learn how to work all of those saws too, but my FIL is so busy right now and that is really the last thing on his list : (

Right now I am just using a make-do stovetop cover, but one day soon I will have a good one like yours.

Have a great day my friend!

Unknown said...

Looks great. I want one of these too.
Teresa

•♦•©The Olde Weeping Cedar •♦• said...

Love that, it looks great!!! :)

Enjoy your day!
hugs-Kath

basketsnprims said...

Love your noodle board. Looks great.
Pam

Linda said...

love your candle board! I'm a candlemaker and always looking for accessory ideas to go along with my yummy candles and tarts. I love your blog!
Grace & Peace,
Linda

Picket said...

The board looks great and so do your candle boards! I wish I wasn't afraid to turn on one of hubby's saws! lol lol I can't even use the miter box! lol lol Thanks for coming by friend and I hope you have a great day!

Anonymous said...

Great noodle board...it looks good on your stove. I've been thinking about having my DH make one for me.

Cindy

Carrie ~ Cricketwood Prims said...

Your noodle board looks great, I really like the way it all looks together. Enjoy!

lisa said...

Hello, my name is Lisa. Would you tell me how to make a noodle board just like yours? I have wanted one for a long time and i have looked everywhere on line on how to make one and cant find anything. Please help! :) I would be so thankful!!!

beachchicken said...

I have been wanting to make a noodle board too...wondering what kind of board you used?