Monday, March 16, 2009

A Spring Break Makeover!











Oh, my aching feet! We have been working all day. It all started with me wanting to take up the carpeting in Taylor's room and laying laminate flooring. I wanted to paint her rm during spring break. She is outgrowing the little princess purple. So Mike suggested since we would be buying new anyway why not buy new for the dining rm and try to reuse the light colored dining rm in Taylor's rm and buy new red oak for the dining rm to match the new living rm. Sounded simple enough! We thought we could do it, we knew we had glued some of the flooring by the door. So we started taking up the light oak dining rm in pretty big sections, being careful. Got up the quiet walk padding you have to use under the flooring. It was a cheaper brand, the first we had ever put down yrs ago. The new is Pergo with a pad built on the back already, much easier to put down! Well her rm needed additional subflooring to match up to the hallway flooring. We started laying the old light dining in her rm and it just wasn't going back together right at all. So we opted to buy more Pergo red oak as we will be putting down in the dining rm! A little more additional cost but I want it to look good. And finally about 7:00 tonight we are finished. I want to paint in the morning before he puts the trim back up. What a way to spend our spring break. the weather has been beautiful today~almost 80! Tomorrow is expected to be in the upper 70's. we will tackle the dining rm in the morning. We will need to get back to Lowes to buy more flooring! I've been to Bartlesville now 3 x's this week. It's about a 45 min. drive. More pictures tomorrow!! I'm going to bed~~~~~~~~~~

5 comments:

Ribbonwood Cottage said...

Wow what a makeover. Love how this turned out. I enjoyed your other post about the old neighborhood. It's funny how things looked so different to us when we were kids. Great post by the way!
Blessings,
Debbie
PS Oh and happy birthday Taylor!

basketsnprims said...

I love how it turned out. I can't wait to rip up our carpet & go with hardwood.
Pam

Lisa said...

Looks great. I just got done making over my master bathroom and well you project is alot more tedious...get some rest!!

Terry said...

That looks fantastic! I love the color you chose.
Terry

A Bit of Colour said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. You both are doing a great job on the flooring. I know that is hard work, but the outcome is great and worth it!