Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Catching Up
















Well, I guess I have been busy. I do have these things to show for. Do you ever find yourself busy all day, but at the day end of the day you have nothing done. Yesterday was that kind of day. I ran a few errands, bought groceries and it was early afternoon already! I did get my Christmas down. I still have a few boxes to carry upstairs. I had intended on leaving up a few trees with just the lights on. I love to have the lights from the trees glowing in the living rm. But once I started hauling it up there I thought Oh well I might as well get it all. I did buy new winter garland on clearance and I redid my mantle, post office box and TV cabinet. So i will leave up some snowmen there. Ive been working on a few stitchery things. The snowmen and word things I will frame, the table mat will go on my coffee table. I have been wanting to make some mats for the end tables and TV cabinet glass shelves. I did finish me first penny rug mats. I'm pretty happy with them. The snowman one took forever. I now know why they are so pricey to buy!!! You appreciate them alot more after making one yourself. i bought a few clothing items of wool yesterday at a goodwill to make more penny mats! Well, I have spent most of the morning catching up on reading your post so I had better get something done elsewhere! Ill be back this afternoon.

13 comments:

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

Dawn,

All my stuff won't come down until New Years Day (night) or the days following. It's not the part I look forward to, but I do enjoy the new look my house seems to have after it's down.

I love your stitchery you're working on! And the penny candle mats are great! Stitcheries are alot of work, but great when you have them all done!

Happy New Year to you and your family!

Tammy

Never So Simple said...

I love the snowman penny rug you made it's gorgeous. I felt really sad when I took down all my decorations but it's also nice having the house back to normal again. I hope you and your family have a Happy New Year.

Donna

Tolentreasures said...

You make me jealous, I wish I had all my stuff down to, if only I could just twitch my nose and it would happen. Your penny rugs are great and so is the stitching. I am having a wool giveaway, stop over and sign up!

Cathy

Janene said...

Wishing you a very happy new year!
Looking forward to reading more of your posts in 2009!
Have a safe and warm night!

The Shabby Secret Garden said...

Hi I found you at Katy's and loved reading about your penny rugs. I too have started stockpiling some wool from the salvation army. 100%wool skirts are pretty plentiful around here! I'm curious how you felt yours, and your whole process. I bought a pattern last year on ebay and never got around to making it. Love penny rugs though and like you said they are expensive. Sittin around and stitchin wool is so relaxing. I'd love to know how you made your snowman one. Plus your snowman ornies are adorable. Love the jinglebellball hair! lol
Nice to meet ya!
Lea

Pamela... Beehind Thyme Farm & Garden said...

Goode New Year's Eve...

Absolutely love that Snowman Penny Rug... I have been gathering wool to do some myself, but you are right... the thyme is unbelievable.

Please, stop in any ole thyme & thank you dearly for your sweet comment.

Blessings 2 You in 2009, Pamela

Katy said...

The mats look fantastic Dawn!!! I love them! Great job! :)

That is seriously sooo neat that you are a lifetime member of the L.I. fan club!!! I never knew there WAS one! That is also so neat you live near a site that they lived! :)

I hope you have a VERY happy New Year!

the said...

Those snowman balls are so cute in that bowl !! I tried to duplicate something similiar, but its not as cute as yours!!


HAPPY NEW YEAR AND MANY BLESSING IN THE NEW YEAR!!

~2009~
Stephanie

Ann said...

I really wanted to thank you for your comments about my post today. You brought tears to my eyes. Did you really print it? I was just typing from my heart. I have really grown as a person and a crafter this year. I fully understand what you said about questioning your abilities. That's just how I am. I make something and all I see is the flaws in it, not the beauty. But so many others have given me the confidence that I couldn't give to myself.
SO you go girl, take charge and own your talents. Believe in yourself the way a child believes. Have you ever noticed how a child thinks that every drawing they make is a priceless work of art? And when they believe that you can just see the joy. That's how you have to believe in yourself.

Bye the way, I'm jealous of your candle mats. Thats one thing I haven't been able to do yet.

Happy New Year, Ann

Something Nice and Pretty said...

Thanks you sooooo much for leaving such a sweet comment Dawn, I've enjoyed you blog too and always stop by:)

The stitchery you are working on is great and the penny mats are adorable:)
Rondell♥

lms said...

hi there....i just wanted to pop in and wish you a happy new years and to say thanks for being my blog buddie.....i really enjoy keeping up with you and your family and i also enjoy seeing what you are up to each day....here's to another great year!!!!!!

CozyGirl said...

Happy New Year !
Janae

Farmhouse Blessings said...

Love the snowman penny rug! So cute!

My Christmas things still are now down, and there is no hope of getting it done yet. So we'll just keep enjoying the twinkle lights until then.

Smiles,
Lea