Sunday, December 7, 2008

My First Successful Craft Show!











Well Ladies, I did it! My first craft show was held yesterday. I did pretty good. I had lots of great comments on how cute my stuff was. Everyone loved my display of things. I had many other vendors come over and leave with great comments and many bought items from me. Many customers commented mine was their favorite booth!! I set up next to a lovely women who gave me some great pointers and she even bought alot from me. She was demonstrating punch needle and many other stitchery techniques. I set up the night before in our newly remodeled civic center, which helped. I was there the entire hr and half they gave us. Its a lot of work to set up and then tear down, unload at home and put away. I called my husband at 2:00 and said ok come help me get it home. He said you mean you didn't sell it all? No, not all I will have some snowman things to take to school tomorrow to sell, and the rest will go into my shop when I get that done. Another great thing that came out of it was, I was talking with a lady who had crafts made out of barn wood, I told her I was on the look out for some to line my shop walls with. In the course of the day I had two shoppers approach me giving me their phone numbers to tear down one old barn for free and the other had some in her garage all for 25.00 (wide plank) I was thrilled. That's the next fun thing the hubby and I get to do!!!! Well today is our family fun Christmas dinner. There is an RSVP of 88 coming. My mother comes from a family of 16! Not all living now, she being the youngest, but I am practically related to everyone in this small town. Anyway we are having a dinner @ 3:00. My moms family is very musically talented. My mom and her sisters have a small singing group and then there are a few of " us cousins" who do not have a musical bone in our body, we are the ones who after dinner and everyone else is rushing for the mics and instruments head to the table kitchen to clean up and do dishes. Well one yr another "musically challenged cousin" thought it would be cute for us to start a tradition of the "Nothin Cousins" to sing and have our time at the "mic and stage" so the "Nothin Cousins" are also preforming today our silly song at the dinner. Then on Tues. evening we are having our annual Botts Family Concert at our church which is free to the public. That's when all my musical family members will share their real talents with the community! The offering with be donated to our local food bank . And No! the nothin cousins will not be making an appearance!
My daughter will be playing several pieces on her flute. Well I need to get to the store and get my covered dishes prepared. You ladies have a great weekend!

14 comments:

The Gathering Room said...

Congratulations! My husband and I sold crafts at shows for years..we are in retirement now but always happy to hear how another does well! Your items and display are great!

Denise said...

Congrats on the success of your craft show! I'm sure I would've been your best customer! It sounds like you have some fun things coming up. ENJOY!

Bren said...

Congrats on your success!! I'm sure I could have put a dent in your inventory, gigle. Hope you have a fun filled afternoon.

basketsnprims said...

Dawn, everything looks wonderful & I wish I could have been there. I just love craft shows. I'm glad you did well.

blessings,
~ Pam

Something Nice and Pretty said...

Congrats to you on you first craft show, I've always wanted to do one:)

Your family sounds like such fun, have a great time.
Rondell

KernowWitch said...

Well done. Love the stuff you had for sale...Hope you enjoyed your family meal...Hugs Chrissy x

Leslie said...

Wow! Lots of goodies :) I would have loved to visit your booth! I don't see things that filled with Prim goodies around here.

My sifter light has an electric candle light. I guess they make nicer battery operated candles now that don't burn out in a few hours that could work but in the past I stayed away from them..lol


Have a great day!

Leslie

Anonymous said...

Hi Dawn,
I'm so happy for you that your first show was a great success. I just knew it would be...your stuff is wonderful.
Crafts shows are a lot of work, but also a lot of fun. I have loved doing them for the last 24 years.
Have a wonderful time with your family.
Cindy

Farmhouse Blessings said...

I'm so glad that your show went well. How exciting! Your booth does look great.

Sounds like a lovely time with your family. Have fun!

Christmas blessings,
Lea

Margy said...

I would love to buy something! How can i? please email me
margybrd@fuse.net

American Homemaker said...

I love your display! I'm doing a craft fair next week... I hope it also goes well.

Kit said...

I'm so happy for you! Love your Christmas tree. I'm new to blogging and found your site looking for prim and crafty blogs. Drop by my blog and see me when you get a chance. Again Congrats on a big accomplishment.

My Colonial Home said...

Very nice show!
I think I have been here before but so enjoyed this post!
Karen

Lynn said...

Hi,
I love your prim labels!! Do you make these and sell them?? If so, could you please email me the details to pls0818@aol.com
I have visited all of your posts on your blog!! I love your home and I have been drooling over your amazing tag sale finds!!!
prim hugs,
Lynn