Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Whatcha Working on Wednesday!







Ah, I finally have a moment to participate in a Wed. activity. I have been busy making projects for my craft show coming up in Dec. I made this melting snowman last night. I don't know if I need to stuff him or not? I have also been busy making candle huggers. I have made a couple with matching candle mats. I think they are cute. I will have to add the price of the candle to the item now. I haven't priced anything yet. I made these adorable snowman last yr. and sold the heck out of them at school. Last yr. I just made them in the tea stained sock so this yr. I also made some in plain white. I think they might sell well! I came home for lunch yesterday, turned on a Christmas CD and brought down three pencil trees from the attic. They already had white lights so they look nice in the living rm. I cant decide if I will bring down my big tree or just use my large pencil tree this yr. Last yr was my open house Christmas tour and I had purchased several trees then for that. So I have all this new decoration stuff! So I take a load of fall things up to the attic when I go and bring down Christmas stuff. The attic is my craft rm also. Well gotta go pick up the girl from dance class. Have a great rest of the week!

13 comments:

basketsnprims said...

Love your little snowmen & candle sleeves. I bet you sell out! I listen to Christmas music already, too.

Pam

The Gathering Room said...

very nicely done! I notices at a show I sawup by dubue, that snowmen were selling well...esp the prim ones. You did a nice job on the jar wraps..i used to make and sell dozens of them...like the prim look you gave yours though much better ( I embroidered all of mine..took way to long to make them too! ) Are yours tie on or velcro closure?? Good luck with the show!

Leslie said...

So many great things! I like the melted snowman...very different! I have seen them done as a small decoration before but it wasn't fabric. I like yours!

The candle wraps seem to be popping up all over lately! I just keep seeing them on blogs lately and I never saw one before that! LOL

Have a great rest of your night!

Leslie

Something Nice and Pretty said...

You sure have been busy...the melted snowman is so cute I've never seen one before also like the candle huggers such a neat idea!

I hope your show in December is great and you sell out of everything:)
Rondell

Sandy said...

I love your melting snowman!
He doesn't look like he was that hard to make. Did you use felt or something else? What did you use to stuff his head and tie it all together?

Everything else looks so great also.

I have slowly taken out my Christmas decorations...I was getting to antsy for Decorating. We also have a very large tree and have decided not to take it out because it takes up tons of room. So we will be using our slim and tall tree instead.

Sandy

Raggedy Angel said...

Wow you have really been workin'....looks wonderful! I am wondering about your closures on your candle wraps too...
Beth

Dawn said...

I have just measured them as I made them to fit a 20oz. candle and will advertized that. Thanks for the kind comments, dawn

Debbi said...

I love the melting snowman, he is sooo cute.Do you have a pattern?
Debbi

Juanita said...

I too would like to know how you did the melting snoman. And also your other snowmen. They are so cute.Maybe you could do a tutorial???? Thanks so much for sharing. I love everything! Have a blessed day!
Juanita

Jill said...

Thanks so much for commenting on my Kissy! I love your melting snowman.
Blessings,
Jill

Anonymous said...

Your melted snowman is GREAT! Gosh I could see that sitting on a coffee table!

Kim @ Home Is Where The Heart Is said...

Cute items...you have been busy!

Thanks for visiting me and leaving me a nice comment!

Margy said...

I love your projects and am interested in buying. please contact me!
margybrd@fuse.net