Saturday, November 22, 2008

Christmas Decorating
















Ok, I've officially started decorating for Christmas! The weather was chilly, I put in a Harry Connick Jr. Christmas CD and I got busy. Just hauling it from upstairs wore me out! I'd take up a load of fall and bring down a tub of Christmas. I buy so many things the day after Christmas then I wrap it up and the next yr. its all new stuff. Last yr. we went to a cute store not far from here the day after Christmas and i spent a couple hundred $ on half price stuff. So this yr. I'm real happy with everything. Last yr. remember I was on the homes tour and I had bought extra stuff then. My daughter says it looks like the craft store in our living rm. Its almost 9:00 pm and the daughter just got off the computer, and my feet hurt so I decided to post a minute and show you the madness. I was at a flea market the other day looking at Yes, more enamelware, I just can't seem to pass that up, I'm not kidding I have way to much of it. But I thought of taking the quilt off the ladder in my dining rm. and hang some enamelware! I might add more later, but i do like the looks of it. My fireplace picture turned out blurry? Ill take another one in the daylight, but I saw on someones blog where they placed picture frames on the fireplace. I found this huge on at a tag sale and haven't found a place for it. I need something in the middle, I had a rusty star up there but needed it in the dining rm. Ill find something. This yr. I'm not using my big tree, instead I'm using two pencil trees. I will decorate them as one. The close up is of the garland I made out of coffee stained muslin rusty pinned together at the ends. Not my idea, a friend Nancy B. thought of it first. Got that put on and tomorrow I can finish the trees. Even Scooter is tired of watching my go around the living rm. ZZZZZZZZZ! Chat with you later, thanks for checking in with me, Happy Holidays!

7 comments:

Something Nice and Pretty said...

Love the idea of the trees on the hearth! I have a small one and my just try that!

The garland is a really neat idea and I'll have to remember that too:)


Everything looks wonderful and the pup has the right idea:)
Rondell

Kim @ Home Is Where The Heart Is said...

Your mantle looks wonderful. Seeing your crocks makes me want to put pencil trees in mine. I have two that are empty and I didn't know what to do with them...thanks for the inspiration!

Unknown said...

I love your fireplace setting!

Tolentreasures said...

Your decorating is beautiful...can't wait to get started!

Bren said...

I love your blog!! Thanks for inviting me to take a peek. I am going to add you to my list and check back often. It is amazing how many of us have the same interests. I love all your decorating!!

Bren

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

I love everything! Your dog sure looks comfy all curled up there! I am sitting here now looking at my cats doing exactly the same thing...oh, the life! :)

I can't wait to see all your Christmas goodies out! Wow...your house was on a tour? That's awesome!

Tammy

Back in the Day said...

Love your Christmas decor! You really have been busy! Love the frame on the mantle too!