Thursday, November 20, 2008

Thursday Projects
















Good afternoon everyone, I'm home for my lunch break and thought I'd post a few things I've been doing. It's my first show and sometimes you question yourself, do I have enough or do I have to much? Will it sell or will I sell out? I have been doing some runners and candle mats. I love doing candle mats they go so fast. The muslin runner took forever. I also hope everyone appreciates the black as much as I do. We will see. The box of trim is from my cousin. She called one evening and said she had some porch post and trim plus a pile next to her shop. Take what I wanted. Oh my, I think I hauled home 6-8 porch post, several big thick ones, this trim was on either side of the post. I have seen angel wings made out of them. Ill find some use for them. the two pillows I bought at a tag sale this summer. I love the patterns. I will copy those and make some. Just thought I would post while I had a minute. I have loved all the Christmas music on everyone blogs. I go to school humming Christmas tunes. I wore a snowman pin yesterday. It was 70 degrees!!Today it is blustery. I hope to put up more decorations this weekend and I will post that. My cousin brought over her two girls the other day to take Christmas card pics. The fire was going and a few trees are up with just lights. Have a great Thursday!

9 comments:

CozyGirl said...

I love everything you've made ! I really like the black candle mat and runner ~ very nice ! Hope you have a great afternoon !
Janae

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

I love everything, Dawn! I hope you do really well! I love the black runner LOTS and I also love those stitched pillows!

Have a great day!
Tammy

Holly said...

Everything looks wonderful and I wish you the best of luck and many sales! I relly enjoy reading your blog and seeing your creativity. Wish I was as industrious as you are! Happy Thanksgiving! Holly

Sue said...

I LOVE everything you have done. The runners are absolutely beautiful. I wish I had more time to do these. I'm telling myself that when I finish my decorating I can sit down at night and do some stitching.

basketsnprims said...

I love everything you have made. I recognize a couple of those stitcheries. Have a great weekend.

blessings,
~ Pam ~

Terry said...

I love it all, and especially the black candle mat.
I'm waiting to see what you do with the porch posts. My husband use to carve huge Santas and snowmen, and mount them to a porch post. When finished they would stand 5 ft. tall.
I'm sure your first show will be fantastic for you.
Terry

Anonymous said...

Hi Dawn,
I wish you the best at your first craft show and hope that you sell out of everything!! I've been doing shows for 24 years and I still wonder if I make enough, if I'm making the right kind of items, and if the customers will like what I've made. Don't worry about any of that...your creations are wonderful and the customers will love your stuff.
Cindy

lms said...

hi dawn...you have been busy...i love everything...i just seen some of those angels made with a bunch of old keys hanging down from the wings at a kewl shop here....i wish i could explain it better...the post was in the middle and the wings had several keys hanging from them making the wings look even bigger then just the cornor pieces...have fun and please show us what you do with them...

simple~needs said...

i love the table runners!! great job!! i am going to tell santa to send me one!! :)