Saturday, October 4, 2008

Saturday Morning Treasures



Hi ladies, the hubby and I hit the neighboring town of Caney and found these goodies this morning. We actually woke up to thunder and rain so we got a late start. The old bicycle was worth the trip. He wanted $25.00, now to know my husband! He will never pay full price for anything. And me,well I don't often haggel with anyones price. So I tell Mike I would pay $15.00 for the bike so Mike offers $10.00. The guy says, take it home!! I placed it by the playhouse for now. The old water cooler and galvanized tub, along with two brand new wooden cutting boards I paid $ 1.50 for all 4 items. I had been looking for a couple old metal chairs to paint on. i had seen two at a sale today but we didnt go back. I get home this morning and these two old chairs are sitting on my deck. I still dont know who they are from? Could be a girl from work. I will find out Monday. I want to paint on them! The second photo is of the two cutting boards. I will post what I have done with them later. The small old galvanized pan came from my neighbors rummage sale today. We stopped by a flea market on the way home and I found the two old tins. the two bottles, I want to make labels for. the old crock I pd. .25 cents, and the 10 zinc lids I pd. $5.00. All in all it was a great day! Then my cousin Towanna came over to show her friend my shutters in my living rm. and I showed her my witch hat on the spring. She mentioned she had an old scrap pile at her house with an old mattress spring in it to be hauled away. I made a bee line out there and salvaged 8 springs!! She will call me sometimes to look through her burn pile. Its so true, one womens junk is another womens treasure!!!!! Well tomorrow I want to chalk board paint something i bought at a tag sale.. I will try to post that too. I am at or almost at 50 post. Another 50 and I will have to have my first giveaway!! You ladies have a great Sunday tomorrow!

13 comments:

simple~needs said...

wow! look at all the good stuff!!!
i cant wait to see the labels you make for the crock. thats a great idea!!
you realy found some great goodies!!

Kim @ Home Is Where The Heart Is said...

You found some great items!

Leslie said...

Some really great finds! Great deals, too!

Have a great rest of your weekend!~

Leslie

Something Nice and Pretty said...

I want to go with you next time:) I have been looking for an old bike all spring and summer, no luck! Yours is so nice! Everything you found is just great.
Have a good Sunday!
Rondell

Unknown said...

wowsers!...what great finds!....I need one of them bikes for my front landscaping!

Tangee said...

You got a GREAT haul! Wahoo! I love it. I'd love to see a picture of your witches hat.

basketsnprims said...

I love all those goodies you found. Love that lil bike.

Pam

Back in the Day said...

What great goodies you found! My fav is the bicycle! The old tins are great too!

Black Sheep Lisa said...

You always find the best goodies!
I will take it all, LOL!

Ribbonwood Cottage said...

I just love your blog. I enjoy your finds and how you put things together. It is wonderful and fun for me to read!
blessings
Debbie

ShabbySheep said...

Hi, I just found your blog and I love it! I found some good stuff at garage sales this weekend too. Haven't posted them yet though. What kind of labels are you making for the crock?

Unknown said...

Wow you got some great goodies! I haven't been to a yard sale in a few weeks, your making me jealous! :)

JenW!~ said...

You always seem to find the best stuff. Love that bike.