Thursday, November 26, 2009

Christmas Time Is Here...

The inside of my house is somewhat mostly done. The outside still looks fallish. The sweet potato pie is in the oven, the cherry cheese cakes are chilling in the fridge and the salad is ready. This tree in the living rm has a old black hat theme. Lots of snowmen with the tall black hat topping the tree.
This grouping is to the right of our fireplace. I love to display in my collection of ice cream freezers. Some wooden candy canes drape this tree along with the candy striped snowman.

On top of the dresser in the living rm sits the snowman with a prim lantern. He sits on an old makeover stool







Thanks for the hints on the old tin taper lantern I had been looking to purchase. I found a place that still had them and I got it in the mail. Now I almost wish I had ordered two!



These couple of lazy guys sit to the left of the fireplace on another makeover stool and I just love them! A couple of sampled pillows cozied up in an old crock, next to some dried sunflowers.





I tried a pair of Santa's long johns on the front door this yr. I will have another pair in the laundry rm. but I kind of like this.






Some greenery and lights nestled up onto of the TV cabinet along with some Kansas sunflowers in a jar, a few wire baskets and a wooden house. It looks so pretty at night all light up.







This tree is in the dining room/entry way. It has a stocking full of goodies at the base of the old crate.








Many of my trees have these small coffee tags dangling from the branches. I enjoyed making them and thinking of different wintery saying to put on them.











Love them!























My old ladder is full of some of my graniteware I collect. Old Santa is here to greet anyone at the door. I placed an old screen behind the ladder and I love little trees in any crock. I wrapped some old rusty wire around the mouth of the crock to give it a prim look.













This tree is in a large crock outside my laundry rm in the kitchen. Just decorated with some old coffee stained muslin and tags. Well I need to get around and head over to my parents house here soon to help Mom. Have a safe and Happy Thanksgiving! God love all of us that WILL be out there tomorrow shopping! Yea!














16 comments:

Wanda/Ridge Farm Nesting Place said...

Oh I love your Christmas decorations!!! Thanks for sharing...yes I'll be out there shopping and having fun!
Have a wonderful Thanksgiving Day with your family! :)

Mad Red Hare said...

You did a wonderful job with your decorations. Looks great!

Something Nice and Pretty said...

I so enjoyed your post, everything is just wonderful!
Rondell

PrimWyoGirl said...

Your decorating looks great. Love your old buckets. Have several myself. Like the tin sconce too. I was eyeing them in there website the other day. Might have to have one too! Have a great Thanksgiving!

Terry said...

Your house looks so awesome Dawn! I haven't started yet. Was going to today, but now I'm too tired. lol!
Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Terry

Never So Simple said...

I love all of your trees and snowmen! Everything looks great.


Donna

Anonymous said...

Love your trees and all your decorating! Do you have a follow button that I missed? :)

Carey's Farmhouse Kitchen said...

I love your snowman tree, I've never seen one like it! I also like your tin scraper lantern. I remember when you're were looking for one but I'd never seen one. I like the flicker candle inside it. Your home looks so nice!

Carey

Lee Hill Primitives said...

Love your decorations! You have amazing collection of Honey and Me items. Everything looks great. Love your old tin taper lantern.

Sandy said...

Everything looks so great! Loved everything :)

ohiofarmgirl said...

Yes..it looks so festive...Merry Christmas to you. Dianntha

Debbie said...

I love how you have everything decorated. I especially love all the trees! Wish you were here to help me figure something out.

Take care,
Debbie

horse loving lineman's wife said...

It all looks so wonderful!! Love it!!

Kim @ Home Is Where The Heart Is said...

Everything looks wonderful!

NicNacManiac said...

Oh my gosh...your home is so warm and inviting and has the Christmas spirit poking out of everything! All of your decorations are really charming!! Enjoy the rest of your weekend!1

prashant said...

I so enjoyed your post, everything is just wonderful!

Work from home India