Sunday, November 15, 2009

I'm so ready for Christmas decorating

but.. Taylor is attending a semi formal dance on Friday night and her and her boyfriend and another couple are coming over at 6 on Fri along with their parents to take pictures in front of our fireplace that is decorated for fall. Ill post pics of them!!!!
I haven't posted for awhile but I haven't been idle! I have a number of stitches made up. Last night I finished up on one of these and will make a few pillows of of them.

I took a spin off of My God Jar and made a few snack, dog treat and cookie jars to sell at school and my booth.


I have had request for some candle wraps to be sold separate at me booth so I made up a few this weeks. Along with a pillow and some candle mats. I have had the sampler done just didn't have it framed until last night.




Another stitched I have done. I like this one, maybe it won't sell and I'll keep this one! Mike was gone last night with his brother and nephew to buy a new motorcycle in Joplin Missouri. Taylor also spent the night in Joplin. Her and a best friend celebrated the friends birthday buy shopping all day. She came home with a pair of very holey jeans, a pair of Ugh boots and a very cute long gray sweater from Hollister. Anyway with them gone I got alot done last night.


I have had these table runners done for a few days too. I love the black. I think they will sell well at my booth. I have gone in and switched out the fall things for a few winter and Christmas items. It's going pretty good.





I have pulled down a few Christmas trees every time I come down from my craft room. I bought another pencil tree yesterday at Hobby Lobby for behind my dining rm table. Last yr. I used a lg and med. size pencil tree grouped together and didn't use my big Christmas tree. I really liked it. So I think I will try that again this yr.






Some of my little trees I place around my fireplace and here and there.







And then the mass of stuff I have collected. I try to hit a local downtown crafty store every yr the day after Christmas so the following yr. I have many new Christmas treasures to display! Its so fun to get it all out and think Oh I have this to use this yr!!! So after the pictures on Fri. I will begin to decorate. We are having Thanksgiving at my moms this yr. She just got new carpeting this week. And I will have Christmas at my house. Well I need to go to the grocery store and I want to start on some holiday signs. I will post the pics of Taylor and her friends for semi formal next weekend. Have a great week!








8 comments:

Lisa said...

I'm so ready too. I've shopped the local TS and goodwill this time of year and I hit some of the local prim shops and only purchase what I can't make myself. I can't wait til the end of the season though - I don't have patience for that. So I go during the season and then after Christmas sale. I'll be posting pics on my blog hopefully just after Thanksgiving weekend if all goes as planned.
Lisa

Leslie said...

I LOVE everything you've made but I especially LOVE the stitcheries! Too, too cute!

And yes, I'm ready to decorate for Christmas too! :) But will have to wait til the day after Thanksgiving!

Have a great night!

Something Nice and Pretty said...

Love your trees and can't wait to see pics of your home all decorated for Christmas.

Love your stitcheries and the black snowman runners, I'm sure they will go right away/
Rondell♥

Ribbonwood Cottage said...

Boy am I ready too! I am just sitting on go! hahahaha...but we have 40 people coming for Thanksgiving.Thursday and Friday...his side then my side the next day! Oh and I'm ready to take all the orange stuff, in fact I am taking quite a bit down so I can hit the ground running on Saturday. I love seeing your trees, can't wait to see what you do. I know it will be wonderful...I'm a little jealous that you get to start sooner but I understand! Big smile.
Blessings,
Debbie

Sandy said...

I love everything you have so far BUT I really like your snowman penny rug! I have a thing for penny rugs...LOL

Can't wait to see your house all decked out for Christmas. And like you, I have some new items and it's so fun to unpack everything and remember that you purchased it last year :)

Lisa said...

I was looking at my Christmas decorations this weekend. I am so ready to get them out!!

Birgit said...

What a fun post this was! I love all the things you've been working on. I can't wait to decorate for Christmas this year. I start the day after Thanksgiving.
Good luck with your craft sales. I hope you sell out!
Hugs~ Birgit

Thistlebrooms said...

You have enough trees for ALL of us...I don't use a BIG tree any longer either, just small groupings of different sizes...
Bet they'll look just Grand all decorated up for the holidays...
Don't forget to post the pics!!!
My Best~Marilyn