Monday, June 14, 2010

Night Pics of Barn

Just a few night pictures of the barn dance. Sorry they are not very good. The old barn did glow from the hill tho!
This was the flatbed trailer that we used for serving the food from. We threw some red check table cloths randomly over it and added a few crates and vegetables for a center piece and it worked well.

It was lighter than this there. (not a good pic) The young kids were dancing away and having fun!
Glass jars with cracked corn and candle lite the walkway to the dance floor. FYI cracked corn will burn, had a small flame in one!!






Even young pup Rocky had his red bandanna on for the party. But it was "doggone HOT" Everyone seemed to be having a great time and the bride and groom and their families had a blast!! What a time!!!!!!!!






2 comments:

Tressa said...

Hi, So nice of you to come over to my blog! I love yours! I bet you had so much fun decorating this barn. Looks like you all had a wonderful time. Our barn had some major damage on the snow that came so fast last year. Part of the west roof part came down. Missed some of my cupboards that I had stored out there. One piece missed by 1/2". It was amazing! I was thankful! Smile
My step dad was from the southeast corner. Coffeyville area. We were down in Chetopa, picking up a horse that was breed. She is going to have a baby in a year. Our daughter is sooooo excited.
Well, I am off to build a fence today. Enjoyed meeting you! Thank you so much for being a follower!
Blessings new friend!, Linda

Linda Stubbs said...

I am going to try this again. My daughter is starting her own blog and so she was on my computer and signed in and forgot to sign out! So, I just wanted to write back as I noticed you wrote this morning.

Isn't this just so special? I was just there not 2 weeks ago. The farm that we went to are Amish that just moved in about a year ago and are trying to make a go down there. Yoder is where they were from. It got to commercial for them so they moved! We have two horses already from them and now a new baby is coming. Thank you for the info. We get stud fee with trade offs so it is nice for us!

Well, it is so nice to meet you Dawn. If I ever get to go back I will write and maybe we could just say hi and have a glass of lemonade!

I hope this has me instead of my sweetie daughter.
Blessings, Linda