Wednesday, June 9, 2010

I'm staging for a barn wedding reception!!!!

YeeHaw!!! I've have been so busy girls! I was asked to help decorate a huge local horse barn for a lady who's son is getting married! The bride and her mother and the grooms mother came over one evening last week and looked at my house and yard decorations. I gave them a few ideas I had thought of they picked out a few they loved and said "do whatever you want with the rest" !! We loaded an entire horse trailer full of junk from my yard and house this evening and headed for the barn. This barn is also my daughters boyfriends family business. Rutland Horse Ranch is located out south of our town and is gigantic. In the 60's -the 80's it was the largest auction and breding of quarter horses in this area of the country. Check it the history of Guy Ray Rutland and this ranch he built for his family at www.rutlandranch.com Anyway,
we head out there again at 7 shape in the morning to start staging this barn. They are having it catered with chicken, baked beans and the fixings. With horses in the stalls next to the dance floor. They have an old flatbed trailer for the serving table. I'll take lots of pictures to show you all. I have awakened at 2 in the morning thinking of this barn!!! Wish me luck.

6 comments:

moosecraft said...

Good luck and have fun! It's a magnificent barn! Very much looking forward to seeing more pics!

At Home With Amy said...

Wow, this is a fun idea. Please post pics if you can.
Hugs,
AMY

Beckyjean said...

It sounds like a lot of fun. I can't wait to see pictures.

Becky

Elisha said...

i always wanted a barn wedding... everyone thought i was crazy... i even wanted my guests to sit on hay bails! :) it sounds like its gonna be amazing... cant wait to see pictures

Anonymous said...

How fabulous! This would be my dream, to live on a farm with a barn suitable for events that I would rent out. Can't wait for pics!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh I agree with Elisha! Hay bales.. maybe for casual seating around the dance floor.. but they would be a necessity for sure! I also envision elegant chandeliers to offset the rustic element of the barn. Anyone know any single guys with a farm? LOL