Saturday, September 5, 2009

Autumn Harvest

Well, I'm slowly getting ready for fall. I started earlier that usual because the cool temps have put me in the mood for autumn. I love this display on my deck with my new roof and pergola. I have found I can put things on the porch now without them getting wet and weathered so I have new square footage to play with now! I found this display idea from the new fall Country Sampler. There is a display like this in it and I fell in love with it.
I took three bushel baskets and stuffed them with newspaper and stacked them. I placed some greenery in the bottom one and raffia in the middle one and pumpkins on top. I found these pumpkins at Hobby Lobby. They look so real!!

On the other side of the patio doors I have this display in the old black chippy chair.


I love my dried sunflowers. I keep them out all year and added Mr. Scarecrow!



Took down all my flags and put up some acorns and pumpkins. I made some stained pumpkins from the dollar store from Chars tutorial!




The mantle has the old antique scooter under it.





I put up my shelf I bought at a tag sale and repurposed. I found these scales the other day for $2.






In my entryway I have his table sitting and I replaced my galvanized bucket with another bushel basket full of pumpkins.







This is the dresser I found on the curb a few yrs back that I repainted and I placed a rusty basket full of greenery and pumpkins. I will try to post some pics of our new porch roof this long weekend. We are still working on our rain chain for the downspout! I think alot of you will love this idea!! Happy Fall Y'all!!








14 comments:

The Graves Gang said...

Gorgeous - You are very talented!

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri ~ Boog) said...

Very fun fall displays. I love your black chest of drawers.

Carey's Farmhouse Kitchen said...

Very nice, love that mantle!

Carey

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

I, too, love the black chest and the rusty wire basket. Very nice decorating fo rmy fave season...

cwa said...

Your fall decorating is fabulous. Thanks for letting us see all your beautiful autumn displays.

stefanie said...

looks like your are ready for fall, looks beautiful

Ribbonwood Cottage said...

Wow it all looks great to me. I love your mantel, the scales, the scooter. I also love your bushel baskets that are stacked...what a great look. You do such neat things with your wonderful finds. I just love your blog as I have said gazillion times before. You make blogging fun!
Blessings to you.
Debbie

Ribbonwood Cottage said...

Wow it all looks great to me. I love your mantel, the scales, the scooter. I also love your bushel baskets that are stacked...what a great look. You do such neat things with your wonderful finds. I just love your blog as I have said gazillion times before. You make blogging fun!
Blessings to you.
Debbie

Carmen and the Primcats said...

Your fall decorating looks fantastic!!! Just Beautiful!!!!

carolyn@simple~primitive~devotion said...

I love it all! How fun to have even more space to decorate!

Have a great week!

Birgit said...

Oh, so beautiful and fall-ish.
You'll have fun decorating that extra space each season!
Enjoy your new porch.
Blessings~ Birgit

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

I love EVERYTHING especially the display idea you found in CS! You have just the right touch! I need to drag out my fall stuff!

Have a great evening!
Tammy

gail said...

discovered you through "the cinnamonstck" & now i am addicted to your blog! i read it over & over again & can't wait to see "what's new". keep up the fun!

Angela said...

Just beautiful. I love the heart border..oh my...I love the beautiful vignettes you have made around your house.