Saturday, August 22, 2009

Hot "TOP"ics

I have been out of the loop for a while. Mike took a week off to work on the new roof and pregalo for the deck. We have been thinking about putting on a roof for the deck for a while. The patio door was beginning to weather a bit . It was either spend a $1000. on a new door or $1500. on a whole new topper. It would get so hot out there. The far end is to be the pergola and this end at the door entrance will be a covered roof. To get in out of the rain and snow, and SUN!
Before~ We worked hard all week. It rained on us two days so hopefully tomorrow we will finish up the sheeting on top and I will post! Of course I've already started to put the things back on the deck.

We just finished up our first week of school. Here is Taylor starting for her first day of high school! It wasn't long ago she stood on this same porch poising for her first day of kindergarten. She had really enjoyed this week. Band practices and cheerleading practice starts on Monday.


I hit a tag sale this morning. I found this old bowl for .50. I loved it! Well it's late and I'd like to catch up on some blogs. I miss reading them every day, but where has the time gone since school started? Have a great weekend! Its some beautiful temps here this weekend!!!



MOre chicken feeders from a week ago!




5 comments:

Lisa said...

Wow, it looks wonderful!! I can't believe you found that bowl for 50 cents (WOW). That is a great deal!!

carolyn@simple~primitive~devotion said...

Nice to see you back! What a great deal on that bowl! I have two like that, but I paid WAY more for them that that! LOL! Good for you!

Congrats on covering your deck and adding a pergola to one end. I'm sure it will be enjoyed for years to come.

Taylor is a beautiful girl. Time has a funny way of slipping right by us, doesn't it? She looks so grown up!

Have a great week!

Never So Simple said...

Your daughter is beautiful. Love that new bowl.

Donna

Birgit said...

Oh, that pergola is going to be beautiful!!!

Your daughter is just beautiful and she looks happy to be going into high school. They grow up way too fast, don't they??

What a deal on that bowl~ oh, my!
Have a great week!
Blessings~ Birgit

gail said...

i love your blog! please write more & share pictures of all of your treasures & what you do with them.