Sunday, April 19, 2009

What an honor is was....

for our daughter today to be named the "Dance Student of the Year" at her dance awards ceremony today! She had been named student of the month in Nov. and today was awarded Dance Student of the Year, for her leadership, attitude, and spirit. Wow, were we excited!!
The presentation ceremony was nice. Many awards were given for attendance, spirit, improvement, etc. It was semi formal and the little girls were all in frills and the older girls looked so elegant! Some of the dance praise teams preformed and were awesome!





Here is my niece Brooke and daughter Taylor. My SIL won a raffled shuffle Ipod, as there were many drawing and giveaways! It was a great time. They also preformed on Saturday in a middle school band competition. They both preformed flute solos and then preformed with their grade level bands. It's been a great weekend and we are very proud of you girls!


9 comments:

Tolentreasures said...

Your daughter is adorable! How I enjoyed those years and that age!

Cathy

Lisa said...

WOOHOO - Congrats to your daughter. What a great accomplishment! She is very pretty as well.

At Home With Amy said...

Thanks for sharing your daughters accomplishment with us. What an outstanding young lady you have there.
Blessings,
~AMY~

Something Nice and Pretty said...

It just thrills you when they are so interested in good activites at school doesn't it? She's beautiful too:)
Rondell

Carrie said...

You should be so proud...not only is your talented, she is gorgeous as well!! Tell her congrats!!

Hugs!! Carrie♥

Hopes Handcrafts said...

Congratulations! What a proud Mama-moment. :-)

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

What an honor! Congratulations to your daughter!

Tammy

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

Hey Dawn,

I just noticed your comment on my blog and realized it was you emailing me. Sorry, I didn't recognize who I was trying to contact me! I'm waitng to hear back and I'll reply. Just trying to be careful!

Thanks!
Tammy

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

Oh what fun!!!!!!!! I can still vividly remember the year my Jen got that award at her recital. It just happened to be the year that both my inlaws and my folks made the trip to the recital too. So exciting.

Congrats to your daughter - what a wonderful accomplishment! I could hear your pride in yur words! hugs, Linda