Monday, April 6, 2009

I'm lov'in my stove board...

that Mike made for me. I have been arranging things around a little in my kitchen this weekend. I finished up some prim sunflowers to add around my new boards. And I tried hand at the pantry cakes. I had a muffin tin that I liked the looks of. You all were right, they were easy to make! I will probably add some cheese cloth to some of them later.
This board is sitting on my kitchen bar. The little galvanized bucket holds napkins.

This has been a favorite! I took and idea from someones blog and bought an oil bottle at Walmart and added an old label I have had and put my dish soap in it. It sits on my window sill. I really like it there. I was going to make a label that said something about dish soap, but I had this one and I like the looks of it.


I have had fun decorating my newly painted dining room table. I found this set of scales a few tag sales ago for $7.00. I set a few things around it. I bought the carrots at Hobby Lobby. I love them sitting on the candle board! I have so enjoyed the real sunflowers I dried. I sprayed them with a sealer and have used them to decorate alot.




I also added an old wooden crate to the top of my icebox. I put some of my old tins in it. I don't have to get up in that cabinet much. I keep my light bulbs and plastic cups and silverware up there. Well that's about all here. The temp has been so cold all day today. That wind was blowing so hard. It is suppose to warm up as the week goes along. Wed. it should be in the 70's. I'm so sick of this cold weather. I won't complain once because of the heat this summer!! Well it's almost 7:00 and I need to go in there and clean up the dinner dishes. Have a great week~



14 comments:

~Tonja~ said...

Everything looks great...you have a
great way of decorating...
Prim Blessings...
Tonja

Never So Simple said...

Everything looks so good. I love all of your groupings.

Donna

basketsnprims said...

Dawn,
I love everything. Love your pantry cake and your stove board looks wonderful. I may borrow (steal, LOL) your idea for my dish soap. How clever. All of your gatherings look just fantastic.
hugs,
Pam

•♦•©The Olde Weeping Cedar •♦• said...

Oh I love everything, it all looks super!
Love all your gatherings.

hugs-Kath

Anonymous said...

Wow.. I LOVE it all. Can I come live with you? lol.

Hugs,
Stella

Leslie said...

I love all of your little groupings! Everything looks so nice :)

I really need to do something more with my noodle board on my stove. It looks so boring and plain when I see others. I need to brainstorm!

Have a great day :)

Leslie

Michelle said...

Everything looks so prim and I love it! I love getting ideas from blogs and then using them at home. Primitives are so warm and inviting!

L~ said...

Hi Dawn!

YOU WON!
Remember the Spring Giveaway for The Exhibitors Mall?
I need you to email (or post) your last name & mailing address so I can pop your prize pkg in the mail!!! YEA! :)

Thanks for play'n!
xoGNG Girl~

Tolentreasures said...

Dawn, I love everything in your kitchen...please come and decorate mine!

Cathy

Terry said...

I love everything Dawn!
Those sunflowers - the ones you made and dried look great with your decor!
Have a nice Easter!
Terry

Barb J. said...

Love that bottle for the dish soap.Where did you get the label?

Those carrots look good enough to eat. I even thought they were real for a moment!

My Colonial Home said...

HAPPY EASTER DAWN....thanks so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment.
I do hope you begine to follow...I try and update a couple times a week when I'm not tied down with sewiwng...so come on back.
I took the tour of your blog....very lovely and oh your niece is adorable as well as her date.
Hugs Karen
http://mycolonialhome.blogspot.com/

My Colonial Home said...

P.S....I love your gathering on the noodle/stove board and those sunflowers are wonderful.
KAREN
http://mycolonialhome.blogspot.com/

Crystal said...

Ahhhhhh!!!! I just found your blog and it is AMAZING!!! I love your style of decorating. The sunflowers are adorable and I have a set of scales just like that that I bought years ago at a flea market! Cute!!Cute!!