Sunday, August 28, 2011

A trove of Treasures!

Ok, I'm snoozing away on a Saturday morning, as I said before the tag sales around here have terrible all summer because of the heat. So I'm snoozing away and my phone rings, its my cousin, she says she's at a sale that has my name written all over it. Get up and get here! It was about 20 min. away she started describing some of the things she was looking at and I scampered right over there. It was a pickers delight. An entire trailer house full of junk. Snake nest and all! I managed to pull out some things that interested me a whole lot!

This is a few things I came home with!!

They had three of these old black ones I could have kicked myself for not buying all but this one was the best.


This old well pump will go out in my newest burem( spelling?)out by the driveway. I brought home about three old pulleys and love the old rope. Two wash boards for the laundry rm.


I know!!!! Look at the milk cans and oil cans. I love the big old glass jug. Didn't have a lid but I can look for one or cover it with some old cloth




This old wash tub I traded my sweet neighbor for a sink Ill show you farther down in to this post. She was going to use it to ice down soft drinks on her deck!



Another shot of the old pulleys and a great colander!




This, my cousin thought was some kind of pulley system from a track over a door or something. I'm thinking I see a hanging basket from it.


Love this old grinder, I have a plant in it now on my deck(farther on down this post) The blue caught my eye on it old gas can and this small wash tub ringer will also go in my laundry rm.


Red gas can was cool. Always pick up those Folgers cans, they work anywhere during Christmas decor. The spur looking pulley was to twist rope with? That's what the lady said. An old green enamelware wash tub has seen better days but the green is so hard to come by and I love enamelware. And finally and old gardening tool is always a find.




This oval galvanized tub is hanging on a tree in my driveway now. The bottom is rotted out. I think the grid thing is a seed separator? And a great old pump.


Love that enamelware!!!!!! I have hung some with S hooks on all my washtubs around the yard!



I found this big old flag in the bottom of a box there. It will come in handy next summer for sure!



This is an enamel light fixture. I sure want to find a place for this maybe out by the pool!


Ok, here is what I traded my neighbor for the wash tub! She has had this awhile and her son has just finished and outdoor kitchen for her. Stoned the front and cement counter tops and she wanted to go with a different look on the deck so she traded me. After I got it all decorated, Mike suggested next summer we make a water feature from the red well pump going into the sink!!! Yea, I loved that idea! I put some of the milk cans under the sink too.






Here's the old tub on the tree.


And the old pulley and rope in a wagon on the deck. I found the old oil sign at Hobby Lobby this wk. 50% off too.


And finally the old wooden grinder with a potted grass in it. I love the look. Well it was a great weekend for finds at least at that one sale. I've had fun this weekend playing around in the yard with all of it. School starts for us on Tuesday, hoping the weather starts to cool off. Have a great week everyone!







































6 comments:

Tolentreasures said...

Love all of your finds,but that sink...I am really coveting that! I have been wanting one of those for a potting bench for so long. I found a green one and let is get away and have been kicking myself since. You did great on your sales!
Cathy

gail said...

that was absolutely THE BEST SALE EVER!!!!!!!

frontporchprims said...

Wow!!! You hauled in great finds. I couldn't find that much stuff in a year around here!! I love the dishes and that sink. It was nice of your cousin to wake you up. -Steph-

Lynn said...

WOW lady!! You unearthed a lot of wonderful treasures!! I love the way you do you displays in your yard, on your porch, and in your home.
On another subject, if you make fall crafts to sell this year will you please let me know? I went back and read all of your past posts and I fell in love with the signs, witch's boots, pumpkins, and other fall goodies you made last year.

Hugs,
Lynn

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

Dawn, I have to say that I am a little envious of your finds at these sales! We don't have anything of the sort here at sales! I love everything and that sink and how it's displayed!

Hope you're having a great fall!

Hugs
Tammy

Barbara Jean said...

wow!! what great finds. and love the sink table too.
pinning that and hope to make some day. =)

be blessed
Barb