Saturday, July 24, 2010

You've Got Mail!!

As promised in a past post, I said I'd take some pics of some of the mailboxes I have collected over the summer! This is the picture that started my collection. Don't you just love this idea??
I think the article said it was in an enclosed porch, I just love the idea. Geraniums and umbrellas.
This is what I have put on my new patio off the front porch. It's just some ivy for now, this fall Ill put something live in it. It's so hot now, I'd never get anything to grow in front.

The rustier the better. I bought one of these last weekend and it had set on my porch a couple days and I looked in it and it had the lady's mail in it. I had to run it back over to her:)
This one sits on a stone bench out front of the house.




Another stone bench in the oval of our driveway.



Sorry this one is so blurry. The humidity is so high, you step outside and the camera lenses fogs right up.



On my deck I have one on a wooden bench with some greenery in it. So ladies start picking up those old mailboxes at those tag sales and put them to use.

I bought 5 old ladders this weekend. These are the tallest ones. They are old too. I had to wait for Mike to help me hoist them up the tree last night. my cousins husband is putting in a new septic system for a guy who just bought an old house on 5 acers and he gave us some old clay pots and in the old barn he had these old ladders. I bought them all for one price and we hauled them home the other night. They stuck way out of Mikes truck, but we got em here!!


Look how tall this one goes into the tree. This one has an old pulley and rope on it way up there. I put the rest of them out on the side of the garage. Mike has a car lift inside this garage and the building is really tall. Ill have to post that some day! Have a great weekend, it's so super hot here in Kansas. :(








11 comments:

Patti said...

WOW I love the mailboxes..Such neat ideas!
~~Patti~

Gayle said...

LOVE all your mailboxes! What a great idea - and so much fun! I'll be on the lookout for some myself now!

Michelle said...

I LOVE this idea!

Kindra-At Home With K said...

My, you sure scored on those ladders!! And love the mailboxes with flowers. Now I need to look for some rusty ole' mailboxes! :)

Theresa said...

Love the mailboxes!! Gotta be honest though, the ladder scares me. I can totally picture a small boy climbing it and not being able to come down. I am sure you thought out the safety aspects though.

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

Wow, Dawn, I never would have thought of using mailboxes like that! Love that idea and I too like the rusty ones!

Love your ladders too...wow that IS a tall one!

Have a great week!
Tammy

Gettysburg Homestead said...

OK I'm jealous!!! I just LOVE all your finds. Great idea with the mailboxes!!! Looking back at your older posts I bow to the junking queen!!! LOL. That is a compliment btw... Thanks so much for visiting so that I could drool over your finds.

Mary

Teri said...

I just love all your creativity! It always just looks so inviting! Love the mail boxes ... I can see fall mums and maybe a pumpkin in them. And I can't wait for fall ... It is soooooo hot here in KY. also!
Teri♥♥♥

mary pernula said...

Love the maile box planter idea. I have not seen this one done yet and will have to try it. Thanks for sharing. I loved my visit here today. Hugs Mary

Birgit said...

Great mailbox ideas!! What a fun idea. I'll be keeping my eyes open for some next time I go junk shopping.
My hubby would kill me if I came home with 5 ladders. LOL! I can't wait to see what you do with those too.
Blessings~ Birgit

Anonymous said...

The mailboxes were from the Bachman's Ideas house in Minneapolis, about 2 years ago. Ki Nassaur was involved with the Ideas House originally but I think only consults now. I just wanted to give credit.