Saturday, February 28, 2009

Saturday Evening At Home!~
















Well we are spending this Sat. night at home. We were expecting snow flurries here today and it snowed all day long~didn't stick~but the flakes were beautiful. we had our tag sale fundraiser~along with the snow. We had a pretty good crowd for snow. You know how sales go~they come in droves and then no one for a while. I did better than I thought I did. We each had to pay $15.00 for a table spot~I made $94.00 including what I spent. I posted a couple pictures of things I picked up. The little 4 drawer cubby was $2. I'll paint it up sometime~the wooden band box was $3. Ill decorate that up with some greenery this spring. I also bought a lg. pickle jar for .25~ and 2 pair of shorts for the daughter. It was open from 8-2 but I skipped out of there at noon. that snow was coming down so pretty and I knew I had things I could be doing at home. It seems if I'm gone all day on Sat. and then Sunday church I get nothing done and my weekend is gone before I know it. we do have spring break coming up in about two wks. The hubby is taking a wks vacation and we are laying new flooring down in the dining room and are going to try and reuse the dining room flooring in Taylors rm. We have never heard of anyone doing that. worst comes to worst well have to purchase more flooring for her rm. the flooring in the dining rm we layed a few yrs ago and it is a lighter shade than the living rm.~ so we have bought red oak to match up with the living rm. and are going to try and reuse the lighter flooring in Taylor's rm. We'll see how it goes. It's completely moving out two rms of furniture and repainting Taylors in the process. Should prove interesting. Mike and I do work well together usually.
The flag and star I ordered from Kruenpeeper Creek Gifts. I plan on using the small tea stained flag and 18" star in a summer grapevine wreath. I have seen one for big bucks and I think I can copy it, for a whole lot less. I paid $15.95 for the flag and $9.99 for the long barn star. I also bought the votive candle warmer for half price~$6.50~been wanting another one of those and they always send a cute note pad with your order. I love that store. Go check it out www.kpcreek.com Well it's cold cold outside tonight, a few days this wk it was 65 and later in the wk its suppose to get up in the 70s. But it's cold tonight so we ordered good old Pizza Hut and are snuggled in for the night. I'm headed upstairs to my craft rm to work while a good movie on Lifetime is on at 8:00 , America with Rosie O'Donnell. You all have a warm night too!

3 comments:

basketsnprims said...

Dawn,
It sounds like you did alright at the tag sale. I like the things you picked up, too. Can't wait to see what you do with them. I love KP Creek. They have great service, too. Enjoy your Sunday.
Pam

The Gathering Room said...

I have a flag as yours hanging and have my fathers cast iron eagle hanging next...and a couple old photos ..love the thing syou picked up...sounds like you have your work cut out with the flooring..it will look great I am sure. ..will check out that website..thanks for the info! Cindy

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

Dawn,

I've visited that store before online and it is a neat store...but I've never ordered! I love your goodies!

We got snow last Saturday too...about 3-4 inches. It was beautiful and we had a fun time playing in it too!

Thank you so much for the birthday wishes for Colt!

Have a great weekend, Dawn!
Tammy