Sunday, February 19, 2012

New Mantle Look

The weather here in southeast Kansas has been extremely warm. Warm enough to get me in a bit of a Spring decorating mood. So on this Sunday I took down all the winter garland and put up some ivy!

I went out on the porch and grabbed a few things, watering can, some enamelware an a couple old pulleys. I kind of went for a green backdrop.



Moved an old window frame in and wrote a few new sayings on it. Junk Sale. Filled a mason jar with green split peas and pulled a few pieces of green enamelware from around the house. I just love that stuff!!





Some old wooden pulleys should do the trick!


The old pulley behind the chair and jar is a rope twister I found last yr. at a tag sale. I also found some old rope I hung from the fire exstingisher.




In the dining rm. I put away the Christmas pillows and nestled some black and white enamelware with some ivy in the old tool box.





I should have left well enough alone on my blog, but I see all these great templates on all you ladies blogs. I ran across some free primitive templates from twincreekprimitives.blogspot.com and she had great directions on using her free ones. I however didn't remove the old template and now the new one is under my old template. I cant seem to figure out how you remove the old one, now I noticed I also don't have my playlist. Hmmmm? If anyone out there could give me a pointer on this I'd sure appreciate it :)



You ladies have a great week!




















7 comments:

Natalie said...

I absolutely love your mantle. Great job!

Never So Simple said...

Everything looks great. I so can't wait for Spring.

Donna

Kim @ Home Is Where The Heart Is said...

Love what you've done to your mantle...I still have "wintery" decorations in my house yet...probably won't switch things around until March.

A Primitive Homestead said...

I collect enamelware so your displays are liked much. Love the old wood pulleys Have none yet. My Pap collected them and other things. I should have bought one at the estate sale. Pretty window frame chalkboard. Blessings!
Lara

Carmen and the Primcats said...

Looks wonderful Dawn!

Did you know you have word verifiation on your blog? :( Very hard to read now that blogger changed it.

Carmen an the Primcats

Korrie@RedHenHome said...

You have some amazing pieces! Everything looks great.

Cheryl said...

Love the new mantle look. I was reading your profile and notice you are from Kansas. We live in SE Kansas near the Missouri border. Are you close? Do you have a shop?