Sunday, October 11, 2009

More fall signs

Well this is what has been keeping me busy. This and running the daughter around. This is my third batch of goodies I have made. I sold out twice at school and these I have made for my sister in laws beauty shop. She always lets me stick a few of my goods out there. My neighbor and another friend want to shop before I take them out to the beauty shop. I really sold the BOO signs well. I can't tell you how many of those I made.
I like to cut them out and paint one night and then stencil, sand and stain the next. It just takes that stain so long to dry. I do use a blowdryer to speed it along.

I aged some tags and wrote little things on there. I think it adds to the primness.


Oh here is my buy of the week!! I am so excited about these two platters. We have this beautiful bed and breakfast about 2-3 blocks from our home. It is called Glenclift Farms. I think in its day it use to be a dairy farms. It is a sprawling acreage of land with a huge beautiful home. Just huge. a stable and barn that I swear I could live in. Split rail fence and even a few horses. My daughter went to a halloween party out there a few yrs ago and it was decorated so awesome. It was lite up and there were kids in the loft and it was just all aglow. anyway, they had a tag sale out there sat. and I went early of course. They had these two enamelware meat platters for sale. She wanted $20 each. Well I didn't want to give that for them so I asked her bottom dollar. Well I bought 1 for $15 and got her number to see if she still had it at the end of the day. Called her back about 2ish and bought the other one for $10!! I was so excited.




Look at the great patina in the enamel. I myself have never seen big platters like this before in enamel.



I think I will really use them alot!






This was my Sat. night project. We went to the Friday night football game and it was so cold. We about froze. Great game but we lost. It was 34-34 in the final second, had to go into sudden death and we lost. Bummer. But so many people had these flannel lap blankets and I told a friend that I always sit with that I should whip us up one of those this weekend. So I did!! Our mascot is a Bulldog and I found this paw print material at Hobby Lobby. We should be a bit warmer next Friday evening. Well I'm in there making Italian spaghetti and doing laundry. I bought some boxes at Hobby Lobby yesterday and I will try to put a coat of paint on them. I also want to mow if it dries up. I love to mow. It's my therapy. Its been so damp out and its about 50 degrees and cloudy today. Well enjoy your weekend. I will have to post about our annual Neewollah celebration we have here in Independence Ks. Our town is starting to scamper around in preparation for the week of fun!!





10 comments:

Chatty Kathy~Palmetto Prims said...

Love that enamelware!! I've never seen any that big. What a great find! Looks like you have been really busy to get all those signs and blanket done. How did you get the blanket done in one evening...I bet elves were helping, huh?? LOL!!!

Debbie said...

The platters are wonderful! I don't think I've ever seen any before.

I love your signs. What is the name of the stencil that you use? I bought some boxes a couple months ago and wanted to put something on them but could not find that stencil anywhere.

Take Care,
Debbie

gail said...

those platters are AWESOME! as are your crafts!
instead of fleamarketing this weekend, we had a yard sale. rained on saturday, but we stll did well. got rid of a bit more on sunday, which was a gorgeous day, here in PA.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Oh, I LOVE your blog! I'm going to put it in my list of favorites! Thank you! Hope you'll visit me, too!

Terry said...

Wow Dawn! Those platters are wonderful!
I love your signs and I can see why you have sold them so well.
May I ask where you got your stencils? I love the print.
It's been really chilly here too. I bet your blankets helped a lot.
Cute print!
Take care!
Terry

Unknown said...

Hi, you won my fall followers giveaway at Country Pleasures, congrats!! Email me with your mailing info so I can get your giftie out to you, but it won't be as nice as your crafts! I love your style and blog! Congrats again! Sue

Unknown said...

Hi Dawn, my email addy is on my profile but here it is- wesue@townsqr.com
I couldn't find yours anywhere? Thanks!

Birgit said...

Your signs are so fun and that's so great how well they sell at school for you.
I have to say that those enamelware platters stole my heart! What a lucky gal you are!
Hugs~ Birgit

~Star Spangled Pretties~ said...

Your signs look great, too! :0) Those enamelware platters are neat- I've never seen those before.

Jody

Unknown said...

Dawn, can you please send me your mailing info again, I've gotten a new computer and lost alot of data and I need to get your giftie out to you for winning my giveaway or I'll have to pick another winner? Thanks! Sue
wesue@townsqr.com